getting a hold of chemicals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woolf

i live in miami florida... i have been searching A LOT of different stores for 70% nitric and hydrochloric acid and other chemicals... so far i cant find anything i have searched the web but the only websites that sell 2+ liter bottles wont deliver to a residence and the websites that will sell small amounts for a high price... does anyone know a good website with all the chemicals needed? or a store maybe i have not found?

Go to your local Lowes and buy the 31.45% muriatic acid from the pool supplies section in the garden center. While you are in the garden section, pick up some pH up (sodium bisulfate) to be used as a sulfuric acid substitute in the dry nitric acid recipe, or when distilling your own nitric.

Purchase sodium nitrate on line for use in the Poor man's AR reaction.

Purchase your SMB (sodium meta bisulfite) from http://chemistrystore.com for precipitating your dissolved gold.

Purchase concentrated (95%+) sulfuric acid from the local ACE hardware store (Rooto brand) for use in your reverse stripping cell.

Buy some dishes, DVDs, rods, and other supplies from my website.

Steve

Latest posts

Back