Getting hammered by ads on GRF

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldshark

Supporting Member
Am I the only one who is getting hammered by all the pop up ads on this forum? I can't read a reply from a post without having to watch a minute of worthless advertising like every other website. Can Admin start a premium GRF for supporting members?

Am I the only one who is getting hammered by all the pop up ads on this forum? I can't read a reply from a post without having to watch a minute of worthless advertising like every other website. Can Admin start a premium GRF for supporting members?
I have seen no ads other than the ones in top section.
You are logged in if course, since you can post.
Which browser do you use?

This is likely a combination of browser and having location services on.

On mobile devices I use iOS only, with location services off. Desktop Chrome through a Norton security entry.

Have not seen a pop up in years.

There are many other methods to eliminate pop ups. Find what works for you.

Time for more coffee.

This is likely a combination of browser and having location services on.

On mobile devices I use iOS only, with location services off. Desktop Chrome through a Norton security entry.

Have not seen a pop up in years.

There are many other methods to eliminate pop ups. Find what works for you.

Time for more coffee.
I'm running Firefox, Opera and Safari and have no issues if I'm logged on.
There was one time I was caught aff guard with all kinds of pop ups, but that was because I had somehow been logged off.

Am I the only one who is getting hammered by all the pop up ads on this forum?
I have never had a problem with "pop up" adds when logged on to the forum - it must be something with your browser &/or settings

I log in with Edge Chrome - Norton security

Kurt

It's worse than ever !!!! Very Annoying. There's times when I can only see a few inches of my phone screen.
I use a galaxy phone.
I'm considering taking a break from the forum because of this

I understand that this forum is mostly funded by the advertising however it's gotten like this for me in about the last week. These adds pop up faster than I can close them out and I literally can see a few inches of my screen. I was wondering if it was only me or happening to everyone.

Also be sure that after you check the disable advertising box, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the save changes box. I didn't do that the first time I tried to change it.

The ads are ridiculous. But I'm not forced to watch them, they just take up space.

I also was completely hammered by ads on my phone. Now I ticked the ads-off in the settings of my account, so I will see how it will work out :)

Very happy to hear that! I hope it helps everyone else having similar problems.

It seems like this has come up before and was related to phones only. I use a laptop and never see ads.

Dave

Latest posts

Back