Getting hammered by ads on GRF

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides many advertisements, I need help for finding user control panel, how to delete a post... add signature...

Click on your username at the upper right of the screen, then click on Account details. That will get you to the user control panel. You'll find lots of options along the left of the screen, with numerous selections for each section.

Dave

Click on your username at the upper right of the screen, then click on Account details. That will get you to the user control panel. You'll find lots of options along the left of the screen, with numerous selections for each section.

Dave
My user name appears on left side

My user name appears on left side
Can that be Hebrew/Arabic feature?
But then we have your name/avatar on one side and then on the other side on the top black line.
In my setup Left for the post avatar and right top on the black line for the username for this feature.

Here's what I see:
Username Screen Shot.jpg

If I click on the username I've circled in red, I get this pop up menu
Username Pop Up.jpg

While I mentioned clicking on Account details in my previous post, clicking on most of the options in the middle section of that menu will get you to the control panel. Once you're in the control panel, a lot of the options along the left side of the screen are the same as the options in the middle part of this menu.

Dave

Yup! Like Bamo!

Thanks so very much Dave! That was an awful surprise that wouldn't go away. Giant, nearly screen sized YouTube adds in between posts. Advertisements that look like someone posting weird pictures. After a couple weeks, now its gone! I wouldn't be able to just up and leave the forum, but it looked like it was going to be a frustrating experience.

Greatfully,
mike

Hey all, hows about a little sumthin on my end, for bringing it to their attention? Just kidding, glad to hear it solved a lot of problems. Maybe a mention to non subscribers about the adds, would get them to subscribe. Or maybe GRF is getting more money from the ads? I wish them well financially, and wish we could get more supporting members to pay the admin and moderators.

There is a link to edit your signature in the control panel.

Deleting posts is limited to prevent users from deleting them after a thread has developed, ruining the thread. There is no user setting to change this.

Dave

How about options of adding signature, deleting post... do they yet exist?
Lino - did you try going to your "user control panel" as suggested by Dave

You get to your "user control panel" by clicking on your username that is on the right side of the black bar at the top of every page --- NOT your username that is at the left of things you post

The black bar I am talking is at the top of every page --- on the right side of that black bar it has tabs you can click on - those tabs are - Forums - What's new - Members - Gold price calc - Silver price calc

Then on the right side of that black bar is your user name - an envelope (for private messaging) a bell (for recent alerts to what you post) & a search feature/button

Click on your user name in that black bar - that will open your user control panel which gives you options for making changes to you user profile

I am not sure but I don't think the forum allows a post to be deleted - it allows you to edit a post - I "think" to delete a post you have to contact a mod & give them a reason for deleting

Kurt

You can check your browser ad-ons in settings for unrecognized third party Extensions.
Also, you may have a number of sites allowed to give Push Notifications, and some could trigger ads by word recognition. There should be permissions settings for that.

Lino - did you try going to your "user control panel" as suggested by Dave

You get to your "user control panel" by clicking on your username that is on the right side of the black bar at the top of every page --- NOT your username that is at the left of things you post

The black bar I am talking is at the top of every page --- on the right side of that black bar it has tabs you can click on - those tabs are - Forums - What's new - Members - Gold price calc - Silver price calc

Then on the right side of that black bar is your user name - an envelope (for private messaging) a bell (for recent alerts to what you post) & a search feature/button

Click on your user name in that black bar - that will open your user control panel which gives you options for making changes to you user profile

I am not sure but I don't think the forum allows a post to be deleted - it allows you to edit a post - I "think" to delete a post you have to contact a mod & give them a reason for deleting

Kurt
Thanks, I see there is no possibility of deleting post or ADDING the signature to a post as in the past

Lino, I'm a little confused. The control panel allows you to edit your signature line. You have a signature line on your posts. When you edit your signature line, the changes appear on all your posts, old and new.

Are you by any chance using a phone to view the forum? If so, you may not see signature lines when your phone is in normal portrait mode (up and down). But if you turn it on its side (landscape mode) they should appear.

Dave

Back