gold cpu lids

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martymcfly

Ive been going over a few of my projects that have been sitting for a while and found that i had a beaker of aqua regia and gold cpu lids. Obviously all the solution has been used up as the lids are still in their so i can only assume that the copper has taken any gold back out of solution and everything is still in tact. Im not sure why i put these in A/R to begin with but ive now removed them and added them to acid peroxide to strip the gold.

Now my question if anyone is kind enough to answer it, after draining the old A/R ive been left with some green crystals as well as the metal to be recovered, without rinsing i just stuck these straight into an old batch of A/P. Will this cause any problems i should be aware off or can i just proceed as normal? If you are wondering why i added the green crystals its because it had metal stuck in it.

thanks in advance.

martymcfly said:
Obviously all the solution has been used up as the lids are still in their so i can only assume that the copper has taken any gold back out of solution and everything is still in tact.
Rather than assume, I'd test the solution with stannous.

Now my question if anyone is kind enough to answer it, after draining the old A/R ive been left with some green crystals as well as the metal to be recovered, without rinsing i just stuck these straight into an old batch of A/P. Will this cause any problems i should be aware off or can i just proceed as normal? If you are wondering why i added the green crystals its because it had metal stuck in it.
Since you've already done it, you'll probably be fine.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
martymcfly said:
Obviously all the solution has been used up as the lids are still in their so i can only assume that the copper has taken any gold back out of solution and everything is still in tact.
Rather than assume, I'd test the solution with stannous.

Since you've already done it, you'll probably be fine.

Dave

Dont worry ive not thrown out the solution yet, ive got to make up another batch of stannous and then i will check my solution for sure, Dont want to be throwing away any gold.

Thanks for your input, i should really have done a refresher since its been so long since ive processed anything but i was just keen to get this batch cleaned up. Hopefully im on the way to get a little gold back from this lot.

Hi
"Found a beaker with A/R in it"
How long and where was it sitting .
I hope not anywhere where you or a pet or kids could inhale
I dont want to be condescending but I hope people are a little smarter
Than I was when I started

Do you understand that even chemical grade bottles still
Permeate fumes and trust me on this "it will cause health problems

Dont be fooled just because they dont leak liquid
Or just because it is in the garage or far away

Thanks.steyr223 rob

steyr223 said:
Hi
"Found a beaker with A/R in it"
How long and where was it sitting .
I hope not anywhere where you or a pet or kids could inhale
I dont want to be condescending but I hope people are a little smarter
Than I was when I started

Do you understand that even chemical grade bottles still
Permeate fumes and trust me on this "it will cause health problems

Dont be fooled just because they dont leak liquid
Or just because it is in the garage or far away

Thanks.steyr223 rob

I appreciate the concern as im more than aware of the dangers of this hobby, i Built a fume hood a while back and my a/r has been in their for some time,It may come across in my post as if it was just lying about somewhere.

Latest posts

Back