Gold from over 15000 telephone cards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anachronism said:
It's been said a number of times that they aren't worth the time to process. I guess some folk think that either they'll get a different result or that their time is worth nothing. Personally I listen to people whose opinions I value and I value my time.

Jon

Yep!

I broke a couple clients hearts when they heard yield results.
But, hey... Im a refiner, not a magician

Topher_osAUrus said:
anachronism said:
It's been said a number of times that they aren't worth the time to process. I guess some folk think that either they'll get a different result or that their time is worth nothing. Personally I listen to people whose opinions I value and I value my time.

Jon

Yep!

I can understand that. Recently I was asked to show a guy how to refine CPU's. For his first run, he had one pinless P4. And the cap (heat sink) wasn't even one with the gold on it. The really sad part was he paid $5 for it, and it was already broke when he got, as scrap. He just would not accept that the amount of gold there would not even weigh on my usual scales.

With that said, I can appreciate the effort to show the actual amount of return from these. And would like to follow this all the way through to the end results. I just don't want to be the one doing it.

Shark said:
Topher_osAUrus said:
anachronism said:

Jon

Yep!

I can understand that. Recently I was asked to show a guy how to refine CPU's. For his first run, he had one pinless P4. And the cap (heat sink) wasn't even one with the gold on it. The really sad part was he paid $5 for it, and it was already broke when he got, as scrap. He just would not accept that the amount of gold there would not even weigh on my usual scales.

With that said, I can appreciate the effort to show the actual amount of return from these. And would like to follow this all the way through to the end results. I just don't want to be the one doing it.

Nope, you don't want to do this. But it was fun. Now I have to take the time to incinerate the remaining chips and see how much gold wires are there.

To complete this post:

Incineration of the remaining chips gave almost 2 grams of gold for 15000 cards. So the 15000 cards contained around 5g of gold.

Some years ago, myself and some other members were discussing whether it was "worth it" to process a low yield item, because of the length of time one had to invest to prepare it for processing. Someone had pointed out that, if you had nothing better to be doing, and it wasn't going to be physically demanding, then why not spend the time prepping the material. I knew a gentleman that had a hard time sleeping throughout the night, and would wake up at random times. He found prepping material to be tedious and boring, so he combined the two, and started prepping material at times when he found that he was having a hard time sleeping. He said it worked like a charm.

Now in this case, you stated you prepped the cards while you were watching tv. So in theory you did not waste any extra time, and you were able to give some examples of real world yields.

I appreciate you doing this, because there may be newbies that read this thread, and learn not to be taken advantage of, because of the time and effort you've taken to share this.

On a side note to other members, making fun and ridiculing someone for helping others, is vile and childish, and has no place on the forum.

Thank you for sharing your work. One question... If you look at the wiki for Sim cards, their internal photo only shows five gold bond wires actually connected. My guess is that some of the contact pads are either unused or redundant, such as multiple grounds or power connections? If this five connections is standard then that drops the number of gold bond wires to 75,000 in your batch, instead of the assumed 120,000?

Macfixer01

Back