Gold powder sticking to sides of beaker.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcnew32(Ag)

Have a quick question. I have three separate 2,000ml beakers that I do the processing in. Two are used as reaction beakers and dissolving material. The last one is used just for the precipitation of gold. The last couple batches I have ran a layer of gold dust was left on the sides of the beaker. Meaning not all gold fell to bottom. I was wondering if anyone had any idea why this happens. Also I have done a few batches where the gold did not stick to the sides. All we at the bottom and the solution was crystal clear. If anyone has any advice please let me know. My next option is just to buy another brand new beaker and try that. Also if this matters. When I am cleaning out the beaker after the reaction is done I use paper towels to dry the beaker out. I'm not sure is the paper towel leaves residue and the gold is sticking to that or what.

Sounds like you still might have a dirty beaker. I read a lot of Harold's posts and he recommended using a product called "Bon Ami"
I started using this and have never had a problem with gold sticking to the beaker again. I buy it at my local grocery store.
Here is a link for more information: http://www.bonami.com/index.php/products/powder_cleanser/

Mike

I was recommended to (and still do) keep a small fine haired brush specifically for brushing the gold from the sides of a dropping beaker into the base of the beaker.

It's a good tool to keep around.

Latest posts

Back