gold yield from 20kg of cropped fingers

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevem4323

does anyone have any idea how much gold i could get from 20kg of cropped fingers just wondering if its worth while me proceeding

Steve I reckon between 40 and 60 grams of gold and if you can cyanide leach them it's by far the easiest method. If you can't or don't want to do that go for the AP method to remove the copper and leave the foils floating in your solution,filter and wash and then dissolve in either AR or clorox and then the precipitant of your choice.

cheers nick i reckon i will have 20kg maybe more by the end of the month so maybe i will pop down and we will have a chat
cheers again steve

I almost always got about 2 grams of gold for every pound of closely cut double sided computer fingers. I would put it somewhere in the 88 - 90 gram range before refining so about 80 grams 24k. Let us know what you get 8)

thanks for the comments 20kg is just the start we also have hundreds of old slot type cpu and hundreds of old cermic cpu also thousands of boards but we will send them out to be processed ....what would be the price of 80 grammes of gold in todays prices

stevem4323 said:
right thanks guys all these hours of snipping fingers just might be worth it
They will be well worth the effort, it's all a bonus over selling the boards intact and unstripped of easy to reclaim values.

Latest posts

Back