Good price for nitric

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brjook

I found and dealt with http://www.refiningchemicals.com/Store.php .I got 5 gallons of nitric acid 68% for $135.00 and total after hazmat fee was $210 or somewheres close to that.Got it within 4 Buisness days.

A place not too far from me sells 15 gallons for $230 plus $80 for freight here.You may want to look around.

mic said:
A place not too far from me sells 15 gallons for $230 plus $80 for freight here.You may want to look around.

Does that come in a stainless steel drum and does that cover the deposit on the container.
Tom C.

niteliteone said:
Does that come in a stainless steel drum and does that cover the deposit on the container.
Yes it comes in a stainless steel keg,and no that doesn't include the deposit.But you can bring your own keg,or other container,transfer it,and get the deposit back instantly.
Brenntag sells it for about $4 a gallon,if you have an account with them.

Thank's mic :p
Wish this was posted last week. :shock:
I googled Brenntag and found they have a location here in Fresno. I'll call them next time I need nitric.

Last tuesday I drove to Sacramento and bought a 14 gallon drum from serria chemical. Took my own jugs and got my $400.00 deposit back same hour for a total cost of $218.25 + a 7 hour drive. I didn't feel like paying the shipping and hazmat fees.

I'll tuck this contact away for next time.
Thank's again.

Tom C.

niteliteone said:
I googled Brenntag and found they have a location here in Fresno. I'll call them next time I need nitric.
The process for getting approval at Brenntag is a lengthy and difficult one,unless you are already set up for handling nitric at a commercial facility.The requirements at our local Brenntag include,a lengthy application,and a hands-on visit from a representative of the company.And that is before you even get approval for an account.Then you must fill out a credit application,and provide them with a credit card that will be verified.Then if you are approved,the chemicals must be shipped to your location,you cannot simply pick them up in person.That is why I recommend that home based refiners,purchase from a reseller.It's a bit more expensive,but there are virtually no "hoops" to jump through,and virtually no paper trail.

mic said:
niteliteone said:
The process for getting approval at Brenntag is a lengthy and difficult one,unless you are already set up for handling nitric at a commercial facility.The requirements at our local Brenntag include,a lengthy application,and a hands-on visit from a representative of the company.And that is before you even get approval for an account.Then you must fill out a credit application,and provide them with a credit card that will be verified.Then if you are approved,the chemicals must be shipped to your location,you cannot simply pick them up in person.That is why I recommend that home based refiners,purchase from a reseller.It's a bit more expensive,but there are virtually no "hoops" to jump through,and virtually no paper trail.

this must be a regional regulation because i live in alabama and i bought a small drum (five gallons) i cant remember what the actual weight was as its sold by weight, but all i had to do was buy with a credit card and sign a disclaimer to pick it up off the dock as i was driving a pick-up truck (i didnt read it all so im assuming thats why) but all in all i didnt have any trouble at all.

$220 deposit on the drum and $86 for the nitric (5 gallons). i stopped at a fuel stop station and syphoned to my container and took the drum back about an hour later.

I have a follow up question to this... Purchasing Nitric acid has somewhat been limited to businesses and laboratories so how does the average refiner go about doing that? Also are there any licenses involved??

like i said before, it may be a regional regulation.i live in one of the least restrictive states as far as i can tell. all i needed was a credit card to make my purchase and if i had so decided and was willing to pay the extra $150 or so, they would have delivered to my house. i only live 40 miles away from them so i just drove up there. call the toll free number and get the location closest to you and call them. they will answer all the question you have about what you need to make a purchase.

The deposit was $220.00 on my nitric container as well. A one time fee, when they drop off a new one they take the old one and when you decide your all done for good you turn in your empty container and you get your deposit back. It's $200.00 for 15 gal. tech grade Nitric.

I did some snooping.My "local" brenntag,is not the same as the global brenntag.They are affiliated,but not the same.
I found another local seller that has it for $7.50/gallon for 15 gallon kegs,and $7.00/gallon for 55 gallon drums.

Geo said:
mic said:
niteliteone said:

this must be a regional regulation because i live in alabama and i bought a small drum (five gallons) i cant remember what the actual weight was as its sold by weight, but all i had to do was buy with a credit card and sign a disclaimer to pick it up off the dock as i was driving a pick-up truck (i didnt read it all so im assuming thats why) but all in all i didnt have any trouble at all.

Geo where in bama is the store? I live on the MS coast and am currently looking for a nitric supplier. Almost spent $44 on 2.5 liters at amazon but decided to check the forum first. Good thing I did.

www.Brenntagmidsouth.com

they have warehouses and distribution worldwide, there could be one close to you.

Latest posts

Back