Growing silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renstilsken

Hello all I found this place tobe a treasure trove . Of immense information that it was a bit overwhelming at first. But I love it. Ok I started this as a hobby and now it is turn into a obsession. I do have some question and appreciate any and all help given good bad and ugly. Ok first in grow silver Cani grow more silver from from copper .. Ex; I use 10 grams of pure silver, can I make more from copper. If so what is the silver to copper growth ratio. If not what would be the best process to make pure silver. For instance do I just find silver ware, or old coins that have silver in it.
Also on an other subject. any alchemists here I have some other questions pertaing to ormus elements. Does anyone have information on .that they would like to exchange with me . I have learning both chemistry and alchemy. And need so insight . To fill in the gaps .. Thank you all for your time. Respectfully ren.

Ren--

You will find no love for alchemy or things related to ormus elements here. We value [accepted] science and it's practical applications.

If you have an alloy of silver and copper and wish to reclaim the silver in a purer (refined) form, you have come to the right place, and I wish you luck in your studies. If you are looking to make silver from copper, you have not found the right place, as they are two different elements.

My apologies ..did not mean offend any here .. Thank you. For your . Was only seek the the truth that is all.., and ormus is a proven scientific elements has been for some time now. I am surprise by your response. Very closed minded. Their proven patents for it..and these elements are being used in scientific comumminties around the world for last 50 years..

Aisle 5 is cleaned up! :wink:

Renstilsken, do not double post, do not discuss alchemy here. We do only deal with real sciences and real precious metals. Pseudosciences and humbug is not welcome her.

This is the best spot on the web to learn about refining precious metal but you should start by reading the rules first or your stay will be short. You have been warned.

Btw, we are not close minded, we are well educated.

The management

Oook...I will not beat a dead horse. But I do respectfully disagree . With being said . I will respect your wishes and wil not bring up such a sensitive subject again on here. And thank you for who info I gleaned from here . Which has been very helpful..thanks for the warning.. I will look at such said rules now..

g_axelsson said:
Aisle 5 is cleaned up! :wink:

Renstilsken, do not double post, do not discuss alchemy here. We do only deal with real sciences and real precious metals. Pseudosciences and humbug is not welcome her.

This is the best spot on the web to learn about refining precious metal but you should start by reading the rules first or your stay will be short. You have been warned.

Btw, we are not close minded, we are well educated.

The management
There is a real science that deals with changing metal into pm. However it isn't really cost affective. 400 USD to produce 1/10 a gram of gold from lead mercury or bismuth isn't a very sound investment. This is real science. If one could improve upon technique and find a cheaper more fundamental way of doing it. That would be great. And I understand the whole no alchemy thing and respect that. But to say its not real science is demeaning to every chemist that ever lived. As it was alchemy that gave birth to modern chemistry and physics. And one of it's main and most well known contributions we all use every time we refine gold. Auqua Regia was first noted by the (alchemist) Psuedo Gerber in the in the 14th century. As far as things that have been proven scientifically void. Yes they have no business here.

Oh it dose not specifically say not to talk about alchemy in the rules. Heck it don't even mention it.

Old school alchemy is quite a bit different than smashing particles together at near the speed of light, or ramming some radioactive mercury with alpha particles.

But, neither of which are relative to recovery or refining of precious metals.

Alchemy is changing one element into another with "chemical" methods.

Changing an element into another by smashing particles into each other at relativistic speeds is physics, not chemistry.

The first one doesn't happen. The second one has been known since before world war II.

I had to reread the rules myself and you are right there is no rule specific about alchemy, I thought there were. For a while it was. But this forum is based in science and not fantasy. So discussions about ormus gold or other modern alchemical ideas is seen as spam, scam or religion and those are forbidden here. Take those discussions somewhere else.

Historical alchemy can be discussed, as the discovery of phosphorus by a guy trying to create gold by boiling urine. But any attempt to imply that alchemy is real will be a reason for banning. I've been given the mission to keep high standards on this forum and that is what I will do.

myfalconry76 said:
There is a real science that deals with changing metal into pm.
Yeah, that's physics.
myfalconry76 said:
However it isn't really cost affective. 400 USD to produce 1/10 a gram of gold from lead mercury or bismuth isn't a very sound investment. This is real science. If one could improve upon technique and find a cheaper more fundamental way of doing it. That would be great. And I understand the whole no alchemy thing and respect that.
What you described isn't alchemy, it's still physics and feel free to talk about it as much as you want. You could probably dig up a few older threads as it's been discussed before.
myfalconry76 said:
But to say its not real science is demeaning to every chemist that ever lived. As it was alchemy that gave birth to modern chemistry and physics. And one of it's main and most well known contributions we all use every time we refine gold. Auqua Regia was first noted by the (alchemist) Psuedo Gerber in the in the 14th century. As far as things that have been proven scientifically void. Yes they have no business here.
Alchemy was the precursor to chemistry before they realized how things were connected. I have great admiration for the earlier alchemists that spend a lot of energy on trying to discover how things worked. But they, just as modern chemists and other scientists, based their work on the knowledge of their predecessors and discarded false knowledge.
Alchemy is what was discarded when modern chemistry appeared and I don't think I will insult any chemists today by saying that alchemy today has nothing to do with science.

To say that what the particle physicists are doing today is alchemy is like telling an astronomer that he is doing astrology.

Göran

Ormus gold is not discussed here because we discuss precious metals that are quantifiable and recoverable. It seems that what appears to have been a medieval description of a form of precious metals popular among alchemists, Ormus has been hijacked by modern day snake oil salesmen to market products promising a long healthy life. In a time of gold scams, what could be better than a description of a form of gold that doesn't respond to classic techniques, how convenient!

Google Ormus gold and all of the miracle cures pop up. I wonder how many members have actually purchased some of these products, one I found was Etherium Gold, anyone can buy an ounce of it, and try to quantify the gold content or recover the gold. If anyone here really has a deep seated belief in the authenticity of this stuff, buy some and recover some gold. Then you can post your pictures of the buttons you have recovered and we can start a real discussion. Until then, the topic is frowned upon.

I have not re-read the forum rules to specifically see it Ormus discussion is listed as against the rules or not, it is quite possible it is not mentioned. But then again, if someone starts a discussion about their metal recovery from authentic ground up Harry Potter magic wands they will get shut down pretty quickly as well, and I know for a fact that magic wand dust isn't specifically mentioned in the rules.

I occasionally study the works of the alchemists and those of the later chemists (like Wollaston and Priestly). In those puzzling texts may be found quite a few qualitative pearls. Many of the early ones we have records of were Arab philosophers but let's face it--some sort of manipulation of the elements has been occurring since man put O2 to C and made fire.

The certain appeal of the arcane and the inherent greedy imagination that man has in his heart perpetuates alchemy to this day. Now it isn't nascent science at work but rather it is a vehicle to defraud those with more hope than brains. While I might dream about the Philosopher's Stone, I can't believe in it!

Lou said:
I occasionally study the works of the alchemists and those of the later chemists (like Wollaston and Priestly). In those puzzling texts may be found quite a few qualitative pearls. Many of the early ones we have records of were Arab philosophers but let's face it--some sort of manipulation of the elements has been occurring since man put O2 to C and made fire.

The certain appeal of the arcane and the inherent greedy imagination that man has in his heart perpetuates alchemy to this day. Now it isn't nascent science at work but rather it is a vehicle to defraud those with more hope than brains. While I might dream about the Philosopher's Stone, I can't believe in it!
I believe that man is drawn toward precious metals and gemstones for some reason other than their beuty, I believe that they are a key to something. Maybe not all of them but some of them. I may be some pre programmed desire to seek them out as a way to begin the experimentation that leads us to unlock some lost knowledge. I do believe in a so called philosophers stone and its potententail. However I don't believe it to hold magical powers or is a elixir of life or the ability to transmutate elements to New ones. I believe it to be a lost power source. A unending, effeciant, superior power source. A lost technology that could power the planet. That is comprised of several different elements that are charge by the elements themselves and refracted in some way through some sorta gemstone.
Could have any use from eletricty to a powersouce for a engine capable of light speeds for deep space travel..There has to be some deeper reason than it's just beautiful to us. Its so deeply seeded into the minds of man. One day science might prove this. By dismissing imagination we dismiss probability and could be missing loads.

After learning/studying about Alchemy for 25+ years...no, nevermind, I've already said in another thread that I wouldn't talk about it on here. I do however, find some of these replies to be interesting. Please continue.

Edit - added

What you need to know is that the transmutation of copper to silver, or from any other element to a different element is impossible unless you own a particle collider, a nuclear power plant, or a nuclear weapon. Otherwise, in all of history, no one has ever been able to convert copper to silver, copper to gold, lead to gold, or anything else you can think of. Never, not once, no matter what anyone says.

People that believe that these things and do experiments to prove them are called alchemists. They believe that conventional chemistry is wrong and, for this reason, we don't allow the discussion of alchemy on this forum.

I am glad to see I received so many responses . I am only I search of the truth. And finding new ways to refine recover and reclaim precious metals. I have another question has anyone seen the work of Doctor John milewski of process of recovering gold from glass in a microwave. He is also the how started assying in a microwave. Lastly has anyone heard of the blue eagle project.?

The blue eagle project is a joke... I just searched the 3 things you mentioned, and what do ya' know. Alchemy b.s.

Blue b.s. project they have a "seed ore" with "0 parts per billions"... What..?

The guy talking on the video is obviously drunk...seriously.
His helper doesn't look to be too straight edged as well... The second or third google result was their facebook, where it stated they "need money for " blah blah blah...

That last post of yours OP, is kind of a "beat around the bush" type way to get more alchemy talk out of people, and i dont know how well received it will be by the moderators of this great forum..

This is a refining forum guys. We don't debate legitimacy of taboo topics here. This discussion has gotten way off topic. In the grand scheme of things, what can't be accomplished by anyone other than a large country is a moot subject anyway. There are other forums for debate. There is actually a forum here for the topic of debates. If you feel strongly about your point of view, your are free to state your opinion there. Before you do, you should be prepared to hear what is going to be said.

I believe this thread is destined for the Rogues Gallery, but since Göran was the first moderator to post on the thread, and he provided a warning to the OP, our protocol is to allow him to follow through.

I'm not close minded. Grind up some bottles and process them as these guys describe. Then show me the gold and I'll be a believer.

Dave

Like I said before I am a beginner here and am look for answers . so that I may be headed in the right direction. That is all.. I came for wisdom of those know more than I do . not to be lashed out at or tobe ridicule.by Know it all with inflated Ego's. I am trying to learn here . and the only way I can. Is by asking questions. So if you are not mature enough to answer me in educators professional manner.. Then just don't answer me..I am not to challenge anyone intelligence or be confrontational. This information I have found and read and only wish to learn the truth of it. That is all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back