H2O in AP

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTroyner

Hi forum,

While finishing up my AP run, I believe I went a little overboard with rinsing my RAM sticks. I'm now pretty sure that my AP is contaminated with too much water (2250 mL -Ap + approx 300_500mL distilled H2O). In hindsight i think I would have been better off rinsing into a separate vessel. Can it be saved or should I start over for the next batch? Thanks!

Joe

Heat solution. Do not boil, just heat to see it steaming. Evaporate excess water. After cooling use air bubbler to rejuvenate solution it will turn from black/brown to dark green.

patnor1011 said:
Heat solution. Do not boil, just heat to see it steaming. Evaporate excess water. After cooling use air bubbler to rejuvenate solution it will turn from black/brown to dark green.

Copy that, I figured that would work, just didn't know for sure.. Now just need to hunt down a 3,000 mL beaker _ :lol:

You do not need to worry about that amount of water in your solution. I am using 10% strong HCl in my AP - I cant get any stronger here and my AP works perfect. Maybe little bit slower but still works great.

Latest posts

Back