HAD BY a good time !!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy birthday Kurt. I guess the government thought I was old 5 years ago. All I remember was how much I saved on health insurance. Now that I’m 70 I signed up for social security. I guess that means I’m real old.
Stay healthy and let the government pay to keep you that way. You’ve earned it.
4metals

Thanks for the HB wishes - & - it's REALLY GOOD to see you back on the forum !!!

In another thread I posted the following & I am wondering if you remember that thread ?

Kurt

A number of years ago now - we had a guy that joined the forum --- the reason he joined the forum was because he was operating a LARGE scale refinery (KILOS of gold per day)

They were having a real problem in their refining process

That problem was particle size & the reason it was a problem was they were actually using stannous chloride for their precipitant

As we know - SC will create not just ultrafine particles - but ultra-ultrafine particles - even colloid particles

What was interesting about that thread - was that the guy insisted that - on the advice of his (refining) chemist - the right way to precipitate their gold was to do it with SC as the precipitant

It took quite a bit of convincing him - that the problem with their refining procedure was their chemist thinking SC was the right precipitant to precipitate there gold

I am not sure how to pull that thread up - so maybe Dave or 4metals (or someone) can find it & post a link to it here

It is a classic case of where particle size in refining matters

Kurt

It was put in the library I believe as large scale refining. It was that refiner in India. Excellent thread. I’m out of town and posting links from an iPhone isn’t my strong suit. Sorry.

I read this thread, interesting read indeed.

But after I did some google searching a few topics in there, amongst other the Miller Process.

What intrigued me was that an additional process surfaced, called ALS process as in AcidLessSystem or something to that matter.

Have anyone in here been in contact with it?

It is based on vacuum distilling the more volatile elements off the gold, there are no chemicals used.

But in, my mind it would need an significant amount of time and electricity.

Can this actually be a viable route?

Back