Has anyone tried to replicate the Shor System?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the middle of testing. The amps will not go above 1 amp, i have a 10 amp power source. I am guessing the flower pot is to thick and not alowing the flow of electric through? It has taken some of the gold off of a watch case i am trying out. Some of the gold is floating on the surface and the bottom of the bag is a dark black color. Any ideas?
Thanks.

theres a lot of factors.amperage, voltage, concentration of electrolyte, temperature of electrolyte, proximity of anode to cathode, size of anode, size of cathode, density of the clay pot all can play a role in the reaction. is the pot just a standard type pot without a coating of any kind? did you soak the pot in the electrolyte well before starting the experiment? trapped air in the clay could slow the reaction. if i had to make a guess, it sounds like the anode and cathode is too far apart. im not the best person to give advise on this but thats what it sounds like to me.

Give it at least 24 hours for the solution to balance out in the cell and start working good.

Latest posts

Back