Hcl and bleach

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axlrod2

Has anyone heard of using hcl and peroxide to remove gold from fingers then pouring a mix of hcl and bleach to dissolve the gold into a yellow liquid then using smb to bring out the gold? I saw it on another forum from another country and sounds a little easier then other ways. :?:

Please tell me this is a joke. Because if you really came here and asked a question like this without first reading other posts on our forum I can see your time here will be short lived.

The information you just posted is common knowledge on this forum, if you would have used the search feature at the top right of your screen you would have found your answer. This forum is miles ahead of any other out there and it would not surprise me a bit if most information posted on other refining forums came from this forum. My suggestion to you would be, study this forum and forget about any other forums because you just found the best one!

Axlrod2, you have been here almost as long as i have. you really should know what AP is and how it works by now.

The HCl/peroxide process and the sulfuric stripper were 2 of the 1st things discussed here 5 years ago. These have been mainstays ever since. There are 485 hits on "ap process" and that's probably only a small percentage of posts discussing the process.

http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?keywords=%22ap+process%22&terms=all&author=&sv=0&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Sorry I didn't think of searching. But I did look down over the topics. Didn't mean to stir up trouble. Just a simple question.

Axlrod2, I do not think you stirred very much trouble, although it would have been a good Idea to look some before asking this question, If you have trouble finding what you need using the search engine on the forum, try the one on Laser Steve's web site, I like his better, when I am looking for something on the forum.

You should use HCL wash/hot HCl wash and incineration inbetween the two steps (AP-> HCl/Cl). If there are still other metals present after the AP you will have difficulties in dropping the gold. That is what I learned here at least - the hard and expensive way (3g of Au).

Latest posts

Back