Hello and help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picklepete

Hello guys I'm new to this forum so I will apologized now if I am in the wrong forum.

I was going over the net the other day when I first found out about the whole gold recovery thing so I am very new to this and would like a bit of advice.

I have ALOT of old mobiles. I stripped a few and it seems they have quite a bit of gold/gold plated bits inside them. so I seperated them to the best of my knowledge. Now this is where I kinda worry as to what to do next...

- How do I seperate what is needed from the boards and other components? what is the best way for a rookie like myself?

- How or what is the best way to melt down the gold bits I already have seperated?

I have looked over quite a few videos but none of them seem to be all that clear, hence the reason I am here calling on the professionals :oops:

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your replies.

Just to note, I have access to the chemcials and a safe enviroment to use them so that is not an issue.

edit: I think what I need to know is, if I have 1 board from a mobile phone, what steps would I take to get the end metals? thanks. If I start with that then I can build and learn.

what you have may be a good start but not near enough to start with,keep collecting and hoarding and study the forum and read the safety section.dowload a copy of C.M.Hokes book "refining precious metal waste" from the book section and read it as it is the bible of the forum.

good luck and happy refining.

I have lots of other bits and bobs as well but I was going to start with them until I figure out all the correct methods.

I have started reading through the forums so hopefully I will start to undertsand what is what.

Great forum, glad I found it :)

What Geo said and...
Take a look in my video if your are interested in scrapping cell phones for processing your self.
It all starts with separating and classifying your material.

Later you will find here on the forum, one my website and Steve's website more info on how to actually recover the metals.

Cell Phone scrapping

So far the other replies have given you the best advice for a beginner like your self - which is - at this point just keep collecting & in the mean time read & "study" C.M. Hokes book (which you can down load from the forum here) Hokes will give you the basic understand of the process of refining. (its not a one time read book - it's a study tool book)

Also - take "at least" a couple weeks & look around at different posts here on the forum so that you can get a handle on language &terminology used in discussions along with understand process, equipment needed, etc. etc. etc. & most important safety.

Then we will be able to help you with some real answers to real question. - Until you do the above - your questions will be to basic to be able to give you real answers that will be of help to you.

Look for info on fingers & pins - this is some of the best starting material for a beginner.

Kurt

Latest posts

Back