hello chaps n chapess's

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi my name is Enrique from Southport Merseyside UK
46 year old partner of Yolanda and Daddy to 4 year old Molly.
I am an artist /designer /jeweller working at the bench in a jewellery workshop as an assistant / apprentice, learning to set stones and cast.
we do general shop repairs for over a dozen shops and have two outlets
and one workshop.
I do all design work and cnc machining using Art cam and Taig /mach3
I am building a furnace in my home workshop for bronze casting
my hobbies are 3d ( Autocad,Rhino, Bryce, Mudbox,Sketch up) Cad Cam drawing painting and photography oh and beer!!

I would like to know how refine gold to a good standard, so far I have melted scrap with borax to small ingots for handmilling to make rings etc,
but would like to know about whats going on inside the metal
and after reclaiming or panning how to (accurately grade my metal for working) to casting grain quality through various carat levels without ruining the "Goodness" as my boss puts it Although where on the periodic table "Goodness" is,
I've yet to learn......as my boss keeps telling me I should work for the butcher next door.... being a jeweller is like trying to weave silk with boxing gloves on

Welcome to the forum!
It may take a couple days, but read through the forum and you will actually feel your brain growing with knowledge :p

my misses says if it grows any more i wont get out the door so im taking the laptop outside ...looks like a cool site so ill read a while catch ya soon and thanks :lol: :D

Hello Buzz
not many from Blighty i take it then...still i suppose our cousins over the pond have a little bit more experience than us Brits with all things Oro having the Klondike and the likes under their belt ..although we must have been happy
boarding the Spanish fleets, less work more fun ..where u at buzz i hope you don't drive for merseyrail :?:

Hi Enrique,

I'm from Wakefield.

There's probably a dozen or so brits on the forum now.

I drive for Northern, out of Leeds, so I get to drive the yellow perils sometimes!

Buzz

It's a slang term for Britain.

When we had an empire, the Indians (Asian variety) used it to describe Great Britain.

They called us "Blighties" in the same way we call you Americans "Yanks."

Regards
Buzz

Latest posts

Back