Hello everyone!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time and decided it was time to say hello, so, hello. My name is Tim and I'm in the Phoenix metro area of Arizona.

I have been researching, learning, planning, and building out my lab since last October. I have only completed the small-scale acquaintance experiments outlined in Hoke's book but am just about ready to move into a full refining.

I would not be as far along as I am without this forum and the information available here. A big thank you to all the members who have posted such valuable information, especially the screen readable version of Hoke's book, that was game changing compared to the previous version I had. Thank you again, and I hope I can contribute at least a fraction of what I've gained here. See you in the forum, cheers.

Welcome to the forum.

I appreciate new members who Identify their goals and indicate they are doing small familiarization experiments to get started. I came to this forum knowing a lot about refining having built refineries and trained refiners for years. But what I taught were traditional commercial methods used by professional refiners. I realized after being here that there was a lot more to learn about refining, and from exposure to opinions from other amateurs and professionals, my approach has evolved. But the most fascinating and educational part for me has been the exposure to the small scale refining or e-scrap and the "non-mainstream" ways to process this materials. And all of the questions that come up about waste generated from these non conventional methods. The exposure to this constant array of different opinions and methods can be educational. Truly a worldly perspective on the profession.

So I look forward to your contributions as well as your questions because all of us are never to old to learn new ways, you just have to pay attention.

Thank you, much appreciated. It was those small-scale familiarization experiments that let me know that a fume scrubber was going to be 100% necessary for my operation. I have read many a thread regarding scrubber theory and design with you name on them, so thanks for hastening my education. All the best.

Latest posts

Back