Help with potential profits of RAM scrap

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's figure out how much grams of gold are in there. So I tested with 1kg DDR2 and DDR3 RAM. 95% from desktop and some of laptop.
The chips weigh 178g and the fingers 106g, very nicely cutted straight after the gold (about 1mm).

Now my plan is to do it with HCl and Hydrogen Peroxide and then let them leach and bubble for a while outside.
It's my first time so I don't want to screw up the ratios and end up with gold in solution so I hope that someone experienced can help me with that.
There is a lot of information but I couldn't find anything specific so far, maybe I am searching the wrong way...

I have 30% HCl and 3% Hydrogen Peroxide.
For 1 leter HCl, how much of the 3% Nitrogen Hydrogen Peroxide to I add?

Edit by moderator to correct error.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's figure out how much grams of gold are in there. So I tested with 1kg DDR2 and DDR3 RAM. 95% from desktop and some of laptop.
The chips weigh 178g and the fingers 106g, very nicely cutted straight after the gold (about 1mm).

Now my plan is to do it with HCl and Hydrogen Peroxide and then let them leach and bubble for a while outside.
It's my first time so I don't want to screw up the ratios and end up with gold in solution so I hope that someone experienced can help me with that.
There is a lot of information but I couldn't find anything specific so far, maybe I am searching the wrong way...

For 1 leter HCl, how much of the 3% Nitrogen Peroxide to I add?
Simple answer no Peroxide, but to speed it up ad a bottle cap or two.
This process is good for the close cut fingers only.
And as you said let it bubble air as long as it needs.

For 1 leter HCl, how much of the 3% Nitrogen Peroxide to I add?
I just noticed, it is not Nitrogen Peroxide but Hydrogen Peroxide.

Thanks you good people, that will really help me out!
I edited my post because I noticed I was writing Nitrogen but appeareantly the last Nitrogen slipped through.
I leave it there because it's a good reminder to NOT MIX the names up because then you get unexpected reactions that can potentially be very dangerous.
Anyways I'll keep you updated with the process, I want to have it going before the end of the week

Before adding the HCl but I kind of figured out that this is not the case
No, no water. You’ll turn your hcl into an oxidizer. Hcl then just add tiny bits of h2o2 if that’s the way your gonna do it.

No, no water. You’ll turn your hcl into an oxidizer. Hcl then just add tiny bits of h2o2 if that’s the way your gonna do it.
I’ll warn you now if you add to much h2o2 you’ll dissolve your gold.

I also add some H2O2.
My last batch of AP I started in around April I think put too much H2O2 in.
Its not a loss of gold but you have to do a lot of filtering because some gold will drop out as its brown powder dissolved form as the copper builds up.

I am surprised how long this stuff lasts, many many pounds went through my 5 gallon bucket.

No, water will not turn HCl into an oxidizer!!!
Stop spreading misinformation.
Peroxide on the other hand is an oxidizer.

Thanks for the information (and correcting the misinformation). Thats really helpful!
Since I am very new I started playing around a bit with HCl since I have never used it before.

I made some holes in the bottom of a used PE bottle and put it into a glass container.
In one of the holes I put the air bubbler and threw 109g of gold fingfers in there.

All this I put in a wood box that has natural air flow so to not build up too much gasses undeneath the wood shelter where I let it leach for the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 03B5C734-9351-45E5-A6DE-742F52C168D1.jpg
    03B5C734-9351-45E5-A6DE-742F52C168D1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • d371541e-b05f-4e67-aeb2-991885255e1a.jpg
    d371541e-b05f-4e67-aeb2-991885255e1a.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the information (and correcting the misinformation). Thats really helpful!
Since I am very new I started playing around a bit with HCl since I have never used it before.

I made some holes in the bottom of a used PE bottle and put it into a glass container.
In one of the holes I put the air bubbler and threw 109g of gold fingfers in there.

All this I put in a wood box that has natural air flow so to not build up too much gasses undeneath the wood shelter where I let it leach for the next couple of weeks.
Looking like you are on a good path. (y)

Latest posts

Back