Hello to all

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi, my name is Rui and I´m from Lisbon, Portugal. I work as a waste manager, dealing with X Ray and Photo Waste, as well WEE.

A friend of mine told me about the gold we can recover from computer and celular phones scrap. I decide to look on the Net information about it and I´ve found your forum.

So here I am.

First of all I would like to, in advance, apolagize my self for my english mystakes.

Second I would like to ask for your help to help me start with this hobby.

I am aware about the danger when dealing with chemical products.

I hope I can find here a good method to recover gold from CPU´s scarp.

And before I start I think I need to ask my million dolar question: How much gold is it posible to recover from 100 pounds (+/- 45 kg) of computer and celular phones scrap? And I make this question to calculate how much scrap I have to collect to start my hobby. And, of course, if I can coleect it.

Thank you very much for your kind answers.

Best Regards,

Rui Bitton

The first thing I would do is identify the items that contain gold, and their locations. There is a list on this forum that can show some of the basic parts. I would also look carefully at all parts examine them inside and out, taking them completly apart, IE Distroy them) for locations of metals that have value. Like copper, alum, brass, bronze, steel, gold, silver, plat rod, etc. I would purchase Hokes Book, and read it maybe several times take notes become familuar with the process. Do all this before you start to use acids. Learn safe practices and have the equipment ready if you need first aid for a spill or burn. As you prepare to begin you can be amassing the clean parts sorted into like material for a better process. Also spend all the time you can to read the posts listed on this forum. Learn and understsnd what to do and how to do it. I take notes or copy full texts for future study. I place these notes in a book in my lab for quick reference.

Item lists and locations are on the forum check all the links and see where they lead you. Be through as you sort through the information.
As you are getting started ask questions, the only dumb question is the one not asked! I have found the people here the most helpfull in this reguard.

Learn, Relax, Enjoy, BE VERY CAREFUL, BE SAFE! :D

Ray

Rui Bitton said:
Hi, my name is Rui and I´m from Lisbon, Portugal. I work as a waste manager, dealing with X Ray and Photo Waste, as well WEE.

That should be an excellent source of silver unless things have changed drastically.

Welcome to the board.

Harold

Latest posts

Back