Help getting zinc out of muratic to reuse the muratic.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leavemealone

I ran a batch of pins in muratic,I thought the batch got screwed up,but thanks to harold I know the pins were brass not copper.So I have a couple of gallons of muratic completly saturated with zinc.Any ideas on how to salvage the muratic to reuse it?I would assume the natural answer would be a steel plate.But I think steve told me a few years back that once you use steel to precipitate,the acid is not salvagable.
Thanks guys.
Johnny

Its in a 5 gallon bucket right now and a lot of the zinc has dropped out,but its still saturated.Im thinking about putting it back in the flask after it cools,then just just boil it again until its supersaturated then do it all over again.I can do that until all of the zinc is gone,unless someone has a better idea.
Johnny

LeaveMeAlone,

Wouldn't a significant amount of the HCL boil off, as HCL 31.45 fumes at room temp? At the same time leaveing salts as a precipitant?

I have seen other topics on reusing the HCL, in the "AP" AcidPeroxide questions, maybe these forums have your answer?

Good Luck,
Nick

This should help :arrow:

Brass has copper in it. Brass is copper and zinc.

Attachments

• CuCl.pdf
    208.9 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts

Back