Help identifying metal in solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spunky1

I'm having a hard time trying to identify what metal this could be so I thought I'd post a pick and see if anyone has any ideas. It dissolves in warm/mild temp bleach. It gives a rosy pink solution, see picIMG_20200824_153943.jpg

Looks like dilute titanium solution, why not dry it out and XRF the residue.

Deano

I had given xrf a thought unfortunately after a lot of money and years for reports of various kinds. Won't be much help. Seems like Everytime something is analyzed we end up with new metals appearing out of nowhere. I have learned that alot of testing and assays are faulty or deliberately altered. I have been mislead by alot of reports over the years. Best thing to do if able is do your own assays and tests.

Upon taking some of this pink solution and acidifying it with hcl it goes to a yellowish orange color. Using zinc gives black precip that converts to a bright fluffy grey precip that is non magnetic. Upon using dilute hcl on precip to remove traces of zinc the solution turns clear. Sent some for xrf shows traces of iridium and rhodium but 99% zinc. This is what's bothering me because the zinc is gone with acid solution plus dilute scrub. What precious metals will report zinc. It's a royal pain spending money and time for inacurate reports.

Latest posts

Back