help me please

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimnjason11

using ar method got brown mud let dry over night added water to dry brown mud got blue water with white mud now havent added ammonia yet what could I do to fix this problem?

what material did you start with? i could be wrong but it sounds like AgCl. did you use tap water and do you use a water softener?

If you used too much SMB or other sulfite to drop the gold, it is probably white copper (cuprous) chloride, reduced from the cupric (blue) chloride in solution by the excess sulfite. This can be removed by putting it in a beaker and leaching with hot concentrated muriatic or hydrochloric acid - it must be used full strength. This will produce lots of fumes, so do it under a fume hood. If the hot HCl doesn't dissolve it, it is likely silver chloride, which is soluble in ammonia (after rinsing out the acid).

then if it is agcl what will it be when rinsed with ammonia and how could I tell if the board I use will produce a gold output they are all from the early 60's and go up to mid 70's will these have a good quantity of gold in them and what chips can I break open to get gold I dont konw what to look for?

Latest posts

Back