help needed regards !

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shko

hello everyone i really need your help
if you can help me please send me message please !
im recovering gold , after the recovery i dissolve gold by nitric acid and hcl , pure yello color came up , but i can't find any thing to obtain gold powder (gold dust)
in my area i cant find (smb) ?
what elese can precipitate gold ?
please give me some answerrrrrrr !
regard

shko said:
hello everyone i really need your help
if you can help me please send me message please !
im recovering gold , after the recovery i dissolve gold by nitric acid and hcl , pure yello color came up , but i can't find any thing to obtain gold powder (gold dust)
in my area i cant find (smb) ?
what elese can precipitate gold ?
please give me some answerrrrrrr !
regard

It helps to keep discussion on open forum, so if others encounter the same problem, they can easily obtain their answer.

Did you test with stannous chloride? How did you recover the gold? What was the material?

Sodium metabisulfite can be found at brewery supply stores (or potassium metabisulfite, both with work), it's used as a sanitizer/cleaning agent.
Also, Bonide stump remover is the same. Labeled on the package as sodium pyrosulfite

You could find ferrous sulphate, copperas, ( a fertilizer) to precipitate gold as well.

Besides that, there are a lot of other things that can precipitate gold.. Oxalic acid (savogran wood bleach) is another easily obtainable one. I've read about hydrogen peroxide is also reducing agent for gold as well. But, haven't came across the process to do that.

Your best bet, since you are very new to this, is stick in some clean copper bus bar, let the gold reduce out on the metal. Dry and keep the black sludge, store the solution safely, and start reading a lot more on the forum.

Cm Hoke's book is the best intro for beginners around. Found in multiple member's signature lines. Also, take lazersteves guided tour.

Have patience, and study are the best things I can tell you though
Edit to add: also, use proper spelling and grammar...some people here have to use a translator, and posts like yours are surely next to impossible to comprehend

sir
thanks alot for your help much regards
but i searched for stump out its not available ,
i have used nitric acid , hcl , hydrogen piroxide ,
?
is that only chimichal that can precipitate gold ?
thanks again

Did you even read my post?

I gave a few options for you to consider and try to find.
Edit to add

If those 3 things is all you have to recover and refine gold, you are a long ways away from having evetything you need.

If the OP can get the acids required to digest the gold, surely he/she will be able to acquire sulfuric acid as well. Then just get some steel wool and ferrous sulfate can be made to reduce the gold.

Search for ferrous sulfate for how to use it to drop your gold.

That's their best bet, if finding other reducing agents is that difficult in their locale.

I actually prefer making it. It gives me a use for my dilute sulfuric that I use to clean borax off of my gold melts. And it gives beautiful green crystals that are much better than the Hi-Yield brand, which is almost always fully oxidized (not to mention all the other junk thats left over at the bottom of the beaker, after dissolving in water and adding a little HCl)

Since the original poster is from Kurdistan I think he writes quite good English, considering the circumstances.

Mentioning a number of US brands of products containing chemicals needed is probably not that helpful either.

Just like 4metals I would recommend using sulfuric acid to make copperas or iron sulfate. That will precipitate the gold.
There are a couple of good links among the references on this page.
http://goldrefiningwiki.com/mediawiki/index.php/Copperas

Göran

g_axelsson said:
Since the original poster is from Kurdistan I think he writes quite good English, considering the circumstances.
it was more a comment on "answerrrrrrrrrrrr" in his post
Mentioning a number of US brands of products containing chemicals needed is probably not that helpful either.
yes, you are right, but he could search comparable brands, or find on ebay. After all, i did mention their names besides brand name
Just like 4metals I would recommend using sulfuric acid to make copperas or iron sulfate. That will precipitate the gold.
There are a couple of good links among the references on this page.
http://goldrefiningwiki.com/mediawiki/index.php/Copperas

Göran

Edit to add
I guess ,i can't say anything about how he spelled answer, as I have put a couple extra O's so on, and Y's on way, just to get emphasis across. :oops:
Sorry

Before reduction get rid of HNO3 excess by either
1. Evaporation followed by HCl addition, evaporation ...
2. Urea or sulphamic acid addition

thanks all , for your answers
but in our area we dont have ebay office ,
on the other hand , i can't find any of your suggestion in markets !
but there is only
sodium sulphate
sodium thiosulphate hydride
vitamin c , 180 mg
!?
can one of these precipitate gold ?
if they can please guide me !
thnk you again

Maybe you should search for Na2S2O5 (Sodium metabisulfite or sodium pyrosulfite) instead off "stump out" or smb which is short for : Sodium metabisulfite

Paul

If you can not get the chemicals used to drop (precipitate) your gold back out of solution - you can get your gold back by putting copper in the solution

This will do what we call "cementing" you gold back from the solution

It is a metal "ion exchange" - which is a reaction where the copper goes into solution which in turn forces the gold back out of solution

You want to use a heavy piece of copper for this like a piece of copper pipe or a copper bus bar & you want the piece of copper to be completely submerged in the solution with no copper sticking up out of the solution

This method will not give you back pure 999 gold but should give you back gold between 97 - 98.6% pure gold

After you have cemented your gold back out of the solution - you will then have a copper rich solution - you can then cement to copper back out of solution by putting iron in the solution

Kurt

How much gold are we talking about?
What kind of gold was it?

Once it's cemented out on copper it will be in a finally divided state. You should be able to wash it with hcl and come up with a pretty clean product for selling purposes.

Palladium said:
How much gold are we talking about?
What kind of gold was it?

Once it's cemented out on copper it will be in a finally divided state. You should be able to wash it with hcl and come up with a pretty clean product for selling purposes.

He said it was about a pound of fingers so "maybe" 1.5 grams gold which is why I suggested using something like gold plated pins to use up the free nitric

Edit; - opps - confused the 1 pound of fingers & my reference of using pins to us up free nitric here in this thread to my reply in this thread :arrow: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&p=266499#p266499

Besides doing the normal washes (water - then HCl - then water again) to clean up the gold after cementing he can clean it up even more with a pinch of potassium nitrate during the melt

The HCl will get rid of any (or most) base metal chlorides that come down during cementing but it can still have a trace of actual copper in it after the HCl wash - if it is just a trace of copper you can get rid of that by throwing a pinch of potassium nitrate on the "molten" gold - that will draw the copper out to the surface of the molten gold so it can be picked up by the borax glaze in the melting dish

Kurt

Latest posts

Back