help to Recognize CPU

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masihrashidi

hi i have some Cpu that ARE SAME to getter but because they dont have pins and ceramic body i dont really know witch refining process is best to refine them.
01-start_cpu.jpg

i can remove the cap of Cpu in inner side of cap there is a thin yellow layer seem to be gold plated so i decide to refine it with sulfuric acid striping cell
and for bottom of cpu body i hesitate to select the refining process as you can see in following image:
CPU-00285_02.jpg

the contacts seem not to be pins by the way i can dissolve them .when i use boiling HCl these contact will disconnect from cpu body and i can refine them with AR process
or must i use sulfuric acid striping cell for refining them too

and the other question is about the body of CPU, the body seems to be fiber cpu did i must refine it too or not?

Those gold spots are called lands basically instead of using pins on the cpu they are used on the motherboard socket. As far as the composition goes I cant advise but you can identify a cpu by googling the numbers printed on the chip. Intel have quite an amount of information regarding there products on there website, you could probaly find a data sheet there.

That's an LGA socket CPU, it stands for Land Grid Array and doesn't have the normal pins, just contacts, the Pin Grid Array (PGA) socket CPUs have pins. Not sure about gold content, I believe boardsort pays the least ($6-$7.50/lb) for these processors which leads me to believe they have very low gold yield.

Latest posts

Back