HELP with percipitent PLEASE

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meme

I am new to this and need help. I am going to use zinc powder but I have a major problem. When I search for zinc powder to buy there are a dozen different types of zinc. I do not know what type of zinc to use such as zinc oxide, zinc nitrate and others i do not know how to spell. I have looked and looked and all my research says to use either zinc powder or zinc tablets but not the specific type of zinc to use. Can somebody who has already done refining PLEASE help me on this?? I do not know if I have just over looked or if I have been looking in the wrong place. I do know it's not my glasses. :lol:

THANK YOU
any & all input very helpful

sorry. computer pins, cpu's , hard drives, basically a lot of electronic scrap. to be completely honest everything i have searched on stated to use the zinc but i just can not seem to find what type of zinc to use with the sodium bisulphate.

Don't worry about using zinc with gold scrap. Take some more time to read the forum and Hoke's book.

Here is a link to zinc info, you need to watch out for Cab-0-sil in the powder, and you
should only use it for platinum group metals;
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?keywords=zinc&terms=all&author=lazersteve&sv=0&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Back