Help With The Right Chemicals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffro17

Hello,
I've been watching youtube, reading the forum and even brought so called instructions of ebay but the Mrs is pushing me to hurry up. I've got over a pound of scrap gold from computers and jewellery.
Would anyone be able to tell me step by step how to extract the gold using Aqua Regia, the Right chemicals, volumes and the best way.
Regards,
Jeff

If all the material is plated it probably isn't enough to work on to get an appreciable amount of gold.
Tell your wife to back off and calm down you can't start doing any refining until you know the processes and safety issues involved. Read C.M.Hokes book as a starting point and read the safety section but don't try any refining until you know exactly what your letting yourself and family and neighbours in for, keep collecting scrap to process when you know how, you can't lose it unless you through away through ignorance of where the values are and in heat form.

If you are in a rush for money you can always sell the scrap or send to a reputable refiner to refine for a percentage of the yields. This way you don't have to 'get your hands dirty' and you get a faster return on your investment.

You can't simply buy a variety of scrap, decide you want to learn to refine it yourself, and instantly learn how to properly deal with the reactions, safety, and waste clean up in a few months time. There is a lot of up front time, money, and patience. Be prepared for many failures as part of the learning experience. Proper planning is vital to your success.

Start with the Guided Tour, you'll find many useful and required inks there along with Hokes book.

Steve

Thanks
I'll keep learning and saving the scrap. What else can I strip to get more gold?
Thanks again for the help.

Latest posts

Back