Here’s a dumb question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Law

Ok so I’m very new to this and I got my gold from electronics using a muratic acid and peroxide and high strength bleach and I’m just wondering if my solution looks right

Attachments

• IMG_5673.jpeg
    IMG_5673.jpeg
    785.8 KB · Views: 0
Ok so I’m very new to this and I got my gold from electronics using a muratic acid and peroxide and high strength bleach and I’m just wondering if my solution looks right
You have been here almost 4 months and obviously you have read and learned something. Surely you have heard about stannous chloride and its use to determine if you have gold in solution. What did your stannous test tell you?

Stannous, stannous and stannous.
It is like new eyes for a blind person. To easy to make and to inexpensive not to keep it on hand.

Dealing with electronics is a broad description. Was this a picture of gold foils in AR? If it was foils, it needs filtering, right after the stannous confirms gold in solution. Filter till perfectly clear.

Very often gold from electronics can be a variety of colors. From light yellow to dark green to almost black. So color can not be relied on to determine gold content. If it is from very clean foils it looks pretty good but a bit diluted, and not bad for a first try.

Latest posts

Back