Hi, Everybody!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

My name is Ben.

I kinda found an interest in gold refining in a long round-a-bout way.

I've always known that gold was used in computers but never really bothered to learn how to extract it figuring that it wouldn't be worth my time or trouble.

Now though I work for a non profit orginization that deals with adults who have developemental disabilities. We run a vocational workshop for the people we provided services to as well as manage and run the local recycling center.

The person I work with the most, just recently transferred to our site, and from talking with him, I learned that he used to scrap electronics for the metals in them and sell them. He didn't like the work that was being done at the workshop so I asked around and got the permission for him to start scrapping electronics.

We haven't been doing it long, maybe just over a month or so, but he loves it, and has lots of fun which is the important thing.

And to save on his trash bill my manager said that I could take what ever this guy didn't want/couldn't use. Mainly being things like the circuit boards after he strips off what he wants and the CPU's from computers.

I purchased an e-book on how to process the CPU's and the gentleman who sold me the ebook recommended this forum to me. Now I intend to read through your vast array of collected knowledge while I amass enough CPU's to process for the gold.

I do intend on trying to get a copy of Hoke's book as well to read.

I wonder who that gentleman was that recommended you to us here?

Is his ebook somewhat similar to what we do here?

Lou

I too was wondering who would sell an e-book and then point them here. Kind of defeats the pourpose of selling them the ebook. :?:

I think it was Steve Spevak, a fine man and a good friend.

If it's him he's a member here as well. He's all about helping folks out. His cd is were I first learned about AR. He's been selling the ebook and cds longer than the forum has been around. He's the one who posted the first crockpot tutorial for free on ebay.

His forum id is Nobel Metals Recycling.

He most likely wanted to be sure the buyer feels like he got his money's worth. His book and cds contain a lot of good material.

Steve

Good man. Is he the one that use to sell the stripping cell on ebay. Or maybe it was the plans, i can't remember.

The ebook had a step by step process on how to get the gold from CPU's, including safety measures to take along with environmental hazards and how to clean up your by products to make them more exo friendly, but that's about all it covered.

It had enough information that I could safely get started processing gold, with Aqua Regia.

He referred me here incase I wanted to learn more about gold refining, since there is much more to it than just getting the gold from the processors.

Here I have a much larger information source at my disposal, not to mention the ability to network.

He's a great man. I learned the AR process from his CD and I decided to start this forum after I had trouble dissolving low karat gold lol.

Latest posts

Back