Hi , i wont to introduce my self

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Name : Jānis
Sex : Male
Profession : Computer technician , programmer
Hobbies : Machine Shop, mechanics, woodworking, electronics, computers,
Interests : Anything mechanical.
What are you looking for in our community? : Answers to all my questions
How did you discovered our Forum? : I found it on google.
Other : I've already learned much and am thankful we found you guys.

Hi all! :mrgreen:

I am Ivan Christianto from Indonesia. I am an employee in the gold mining. I am new in the gold mining and need a lot of help from this forum.
I am glad that i find this forum. I have read almost everything about gold refining.
Special thanks to steve. He's done a great job for this forum. :D

Now, i am still doing a small research on electrowinning.
Is there any way that the anode not eaten by the electrolyte?

I use stainlesteel anode and chopper cathode. The electrolyte is Aqua Regia containing gold and PGM. The additive for the electrolyte are Chopper sulfate, NaOH, sulfuric Acid and salt.(25-50gram of Chopper sulfate/liter of electrolyte; 100gram of salt/liter of electrolyte; 30 gram of sulfuric acid/liter of electrolyte and NaOH to neutralize the pH until 7)
I use DC power supply 25ampere and set at 2volts. I use water pump to circulate the electrolyte and air pump to supply air for the anode.

I am new in electrowinning and the gold mining still using traditional method. I would like to introduce them the electrowinning method.

My problem is the anode eaten or corroded very quickly. but sometimes with luck, i get chopper sludge at the cathode. Any help? :?:

I am sorry for asking too much in my first post with bad english. :oops:

Hi Ivanchrist

Using sulphuric acid and sodium hydroxide would lead to a chemical conflict.
The net effect would be the production of hydrogen gas and sodium sulfate.
I personally see no reason for mixing sodium chloride and sodium sulfate.
If you are engaging in the electrolysis of copper to produce pure copper and an anode slime that contains the pm's, this would only require using copper sulfate and sulfuric acid. This would give you far better control of the electrowinning operation. Just a thought.

Randy in Gunnison

Thanks for the response, Noxx and shecker. :D
Now it's about 10pm, still looking for answer about electrowinning. :roll:

Sulfuric acid causing the acidity of the electrolyte drop to pH 1 and it wont be good for the stainlesteel anode and the chopper cathode.
Sodium hydroxyde indeed contradictif toward sulfuric acid and indeed producing sodium sulfate but it's all i know to neutralize the pH of the electrolyte to pH 7.

Is there any idea?
just dont want to loose the anode or cathode everytime i do the electrowinning.

Latest posts

Back