HNO3 didnt disolve silver????

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbal

Hello
need your help???
i have a CUSO4 electrolyte 1 Liter put into the solution one silver plated spoon conected to the(plus + wire) and a inox sheet conected to(minus - wire ).i run the electrolyse with 5V/10A.
questions???
1-on the inox is a white gas bubels?? what is that? is that SO2????
2-on the inox is a dark braun color sludge??? what is that? Ag or Cu?

after 20 minuts the silver is going up from the spoon in many pieces isnt disolved into the solution.the spoon is now red is look like copper.
i filter the silver ,wash it in water many time diluet some hno3 in des water and put the silver inside ,and heated but no way to dissolve the silver.
what is wrong!!!!
can i melt the silver direct?
what is the problem why the silver didnt dissolve in HNO3????
thanks for any help
richard

Double posting is neither necessary nor encouraged, your other post with exactly the same wording has been answered, double posting only scatters information, making it harder for you and future readers to get the full picture.

richardbal said:
Hello
need your help???
i have a CUSO4 electrolyte 1 Liter put into the solution one silver plated spoon conected to the(plus + wire) and a inox sheet conected to(minus - wire ).i run the electrolyse with 5V/10A.
questions???
1-on the inox is a white gas bubels?? what is that? is that SO2????
2-on the inox is a dark braun color sludge??? what is that? Ag or Cu?

after 20 minuts the silver is going up from the spoon in many pieces isnt disolved into the solution.the spoon is now red is look like copper.
i filter the silver ,wash it in water many time diluet some hno3 in des water and put the silver inside ,and heated but no way to dissolve the silver.
what is wrong!!!!
can i melt the silver direct?
what is the problem why the silver didnt dissolve in HNO3????
thanks for any help
richard

Richard,

Word for word, you posted this same thing 3 times. If you want to remain on the forum,
DO NOT DUPLICATE YOUR POSTS!!!!!

I am locking this thread.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back