hno3+h2so4

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

does hno3+h2so4 dissolve gold?
i use this mixture to dissolve silver,copper and other base metals like iron from black chips before extracting gold with ar-------once or twice after extracting the silver from this mixture and doing a stanous test to it,the test gave a black result which created a doubt in my mind-----

Just out of curiosity. Why are you using nitric and sulfuric acid to dissolve silver and copper? The nitric will do this on its own.

Most likely since it takes less sulfuric, and having sulfuric will convert the coppernitrate to copper sulfate and nitric.

maybe you dissolved some palladium and that is giving a colored result.

Jim

goldenchild,the material is very magnetic and nitric alone does not dissolve the iron totally.After dissolving the material with nitric ,the material left, continues magnetic--that is why i use sulfuric together with the nitric----by the way ,as i said in the thread only sometimes the using of stanous gives a black colour(maybe the iron)-as jim mentioned it might be pd

Latest posts

Back