hook tool full of ag and rh used to plate fantasy jewellery.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

I have ahook tool full of ag and rh --I deplated this hook with nitric acid and dissolved the ag,who became a solution of agno3--I filtered the solution and the rh precipitated went to the fiter paper--i treated this rh with dilute ar(hoke book sugestion)and formed a redish rh powder instead of grey rh powder--I many times extracted and purified rh and the powder had a grey collor.Can someone tell me why my rh powder became a reddish pwder? thanks for all opinions.

Perhaps your customer found a cheaper alternative to using rhodium , maybe dissolve a little of the powder and do a stannous test.

I have ahook tool full of ag and rh --I deplated this hook with nitric acid and dissolved the ag,who became a solution of agno3--I filtered the solution and the rh precipitated went to the fiter paper--i treated this rh with dilute ar(hoke book sugestion)and formed a redish rh powder instead of grey rh powder--I many times extracted and purified rh and the powder had a grey collor.Can someone tell me why my rh powder became a reddish pwder? thanks for all opinions.
My guess is that the Rh dissolved and created a Rh salt.
After all that is how Rhodium got its name after the vivid colors on its salts. Rhodon , rose colored.
The grey is probably the crumbled metal.
Somehow the dilute AR dissolved the Rhodium this time.

Yes,silver chains plated with rh---rh flash to give a shine to the silver chain.sorry english is not my maiden language.
Well, English is not my native language either....

Is there such a thick rhodium plating?
or do you have a lot of coated silver?
and then what do you do with the resulting rhodium?

Latest posts

Back