hot concentrated sulfuric acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arthur,

Strictly speaking 98% is 'concentrated sulfuric acid', however since you can drive the water out of the acid with boiling, any percentage can be concentrated with enough heat and patience.

Loosely speaking any percentage above 90% is be called concentrated.

Steve

Yesterday I boiled the water out the acid that I left outside overnite. I forgot to cover it & a fog rolled in... :roll: , the volume raised about 1". Set it on a hot plate, heated slowly, on mdium 'til vapor started rising. Turned to medium high, watched level of acid return to my mark. I noticed that as it returned to concentration, vapors became more intense, so I turned the heat off & allowed to cool, then ran a batch of GF & GP with no problems, nor copper depositing on my cathode. :lol:

Thanks Steve!

Phil

philddreamer said:
Yesterday I boiled the water out the acid that I left outside overnite. I forgot to cover it & a fog rolled in... :roll: , the volume raised about 1". Set it on a hot plate, heated slowly, on mdium 'til vapor started rising. Turned to medium high, watched level of acid return to my mark. I noticed that as it returned to concentration, vapors became more intense, so I turned the heat off & allowed to cool, then ran a batch of GF & GP with no problems, nor copper depositing on my cathode. :lol:

Thanks Steve!

Phil

Was the frog doing the brest stroke or the back stroke?

Right there with you on your 5 oz. I'm trying to hit mine as well.

Latest posts

Back