how do i go to work on this gold filled board

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wal1978

hello ppl

i was able to get my hand on some boards out of the aviation sector and they are full of gold
only its on the board it self.

do i just cut op the board and trow them in aqua regia and follow the steps give on goldnscrap.
or do i travel a other route

greetzz....
waldo

Attachments

• IMG00654-20120904-2008.jpg
    IMG00654-20120904-2008.jpg
    303.2 KB
  • IMG00655-20120904-2008.jpg
    IMG00655-20120904-2008.jpg
    189.7 KB
  • IMG00657-20120904-2009.jpg
    IMG00657-20120904-2009.jpg
    139.8 KB
Check out the Guided Tour link. In the link you will find Hokes book, forum rules (like no text lingo), and other helpful links.

This is where Sam (goldnscrap) learned the process he writes about and posts videos of. A few years ago he was in the same position you are now and he followed these simple directions. His videos (and many others) are made from processes he learned here by searching and asking questions after he understood the basics.

Don't expect to be hand fed instructions on processing scrap until you have put forth the effort to learn the basics. You can't learn to play a song, until you learn how to play notes, likewise you can't learn brain surgery from a group of videos or a few simplified instructions. It's a long road that each of us must take and there are no shortcuts to learning the proper way to responsibly recover and refine.

The boards you have appear to be newer flash plated types and will result in frustration if you proceed as you have suggested. There is no reason to use AR directly on these boards. Unless you have several hundred of them, you will be chasing a very small amount of gold while creating a large volume of waste solution in the process. Read up on the acid peroxide process and solder mask removal techniques.

Welcome to the forum,

Steve

hi steve

i got a lot of these boards about 2000 kilo

so i need a quik way to do this

any tips

wal1978 said:
hi steve

i got a lot of these boards about 2000 kilo

so i need a quik way to do this

any tips

He gave you a tip;
Check out the Guided Tour link;
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6873#6873

A quick way would be to resell them.

Read up on acid peroxide and learn the basics. Two thousand kilos is going to make one heck of a lot of waste solution if you don't find a way that is recyclable, like AP.

The Guided Tour is a forum prerequisite to recovery and refining as is Hokes book. The tour has all of the basics covered in detail.

If you are in a time crunch, simply middle man the scrap to a buyer and make some start up money to set up a proper lab and learn what is required.

Steve

I did airplane boards about a month back, 2000 kilos is alot . But this is what i did,a Heated caustic soda solution bath to remove green covering over gold on boards, I had to use a toothbrush to scrub it off. Then i took cleaned boards and placed them in a HCL/Peroxide bath with a fish tank pump running air through it, this bath can dissolve gold if your not carefull with your mixture. But basically the HCL/peroxide will dissolve the solder thats holding the gold foil to the board, you should end up with floating pieces of gold foils, collect those foils and rinse them with water, then AR foils and drop gold. Pretty simple process if you have the right tools and equipment.

jamaicanyute said:
But basically the HCL/peroxide will dissolve the solder thats holding the gold foil to the board, you should end up with floating pieces of gold foils, collect those foils and rinse them with water, then AR foils and drop gold.

HCL/H2O2 dissolve the solder, but who is holding the gold foil to the board is basically cooper. Also you can use HCL/Cl to dissolve gold foils then drop the gold. HCL/Cl it's easier for beginers to dissolve foils than AR.

jamaicanyute said:
I did airplane boards about a month back, 2000 kilos is alot . But this is what i did,a Heated caustic soda solution bath to remove green covering over gold on boards, I had to use a toothbrush to scrub it off. Then i took cleaned boards and placed them in a HCL/Peroxide bath with a fish tank pump running air through it, this bath can dissolve gold if your not carefull with your mixture. But basically the HCL/peroxide will dissolve the solder thats holding the gold foil to the board, you should end up with floating pieces of gold foils, collect those foils and rinse them with water, then AR foils and drop gold. Pretty simple process if you have the right tools and equipment.

what is the best HCL/peroxide mixture for this proces
1/3 peroxide on 3/3 HCL ?

Latest posts

Back