How low can you go.....before the A/P process stops working

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malfeces

OK, I have spent about 12 hours reading the forums....heads about to explode, read the chapters in Hokes book that pertain to what I am willing to do, but have yet to find a zero point to where the A/P chem process ceases to function. I live in Maine, its October, it gets cold here....very cold... the only space i have is an unheated garage. Will this process still work? I don't care if it takes a week or two. Or should i wait and continue to hard all my gbm until spring?
Thanks all!

malfeces said:
OK, I have spent about 12 hours reading the forums....heads about to explode, read the chapters in Hokes book that pertain to what I am willing to do, but have yet to find a zero point to where the A/P chem process ceases to function. I live in Maine, its October, it gets cold here....very cold... the only space i have is an unheated garage. Will this process still work? I don't care if it takes a week or two. Or should i wait and continue to hard all my gbm until spring?
Thanks all!

A/P process is not mentioned in Hoke's book, it is a new method. With air bubbled through it, it should keep working. You should be searching this forum for more information on AP method.

Jim

Sorry, did not mean to imply that there was an A/P section in Hokes book, only that read the chapter starting pg 65 on special instances (gold plateing) and the chapters looking at aqua regia which I am no where near comfortable enough doing. These are the sections at this point that I would have anything to do with due to the type of materials I have to refine. I guess the big question is does the A/P solution freeze? Temps drop well below freezing here. And you are absolutely correct, I am still reading but am also having a small level of difficulty finding threads that deal with what i am looking for. The search pops up everything that may have a search word in it and may not pertain to the actual info i need. Still all very great and important reading. An example of this is the "wet ash" process? It is mentioned a couple of places as a process for flat packs, plastic eproms, ic's etc. However when i type that into the search, no suitable results show up on what the actual process is and when you should use it. Sorry to be a bother, i am still new and am trying to read as much as possible.
Thanks

The "wet ash" process is very, very dangerous, and is not endorsed by the forum moderators.
That is why you won't find much on it, besides not to try it. Incineration is a better method.
http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=15830

Jim

Latest posts

Back