How to Dissolve Coating on Ceramic PCB

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott2357

I've got some white ceramic PCBs with gold and what I believe are possibly palladium and platinum traces on the surface. Problem is the coating covering the traces like solder mask would on a normal PCB. It's hard and possibly enamal baked on like pottery but it's very thin and will scrap off. I've tried hot sodium hydroxide which made it break loose over the resistor material and some traces but only a small percentage of area. Also tried without any effect: acetone, methyl chloride and a host of common around the house solvents. I was thinking methyl ethyl ketone next but have to wait until tomorrow to pick up any? I know pictures would help but can't post any right now. Opinions?

I was thinking inceneration might be a solution but was trying to leave components intact at least initially for visual purposes. If I can't find a way to dissolve it then I'll remove parts and throw the fire to it :twisted:

Latest posts

Back