how to dissolve melted borax chemically

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, wasn't my doing but a guy brought me some borax that he had melted scrap gold in with diamonds in the gold. We have an agreement to split the diamonds and gold if I can get it out for him. I have recovered gold from borax many times with no problem, however, I do not want to melt and add soda ash or fluorospar to thin it and risk burning up the diamonds (if they aren't already completely gone, however going through a sample of it shows that at least enough diamonds survived to make it worth it). I know water can dissolve a lot of the white borax powder, but the more glassy melted stuff will not dissolve in that. Is there an acid I can use to dissolve the rest of it? I know from experience that sulfuric is not very good at doing this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
What about chemical dissolution of the gold and other stuff leaving just the diamonds then chemically extract the gold giving you .999 fine gold

Back