how to refine melted pins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve1104

So I've been looking on Ebay and I see melted pin ingots. Is it worth it to process? I did buy one cheap but not sure how to start out. I am familiar with the process of aqua regia. Any insight would be appreciated

Steve1104 said:
So I've been looking on Ebay and I see melted pin ingots. Is it worth it to process? I did buy one cheap but not sure how to start out. I am familiar with the process of aqua regia. Any insight would be appreciated

Don't worry about trying to refine that blob. Just study the forum and don't buy any more!

Jim

Steve1104 said:

I am curious about that too! I see them all over ebay, like why melt the pins into those blobs? Why not just sell the pins as themselves. I think a/r would be the right process.

masonwebb said:
Steve1104 said:

I am curious about that too! I see them all over ebay, like why melt the pins into those blobs? Why not just sell the pins as themselves. I think a/r would be the right process.

wrong. most "gold drops" are slot pins that contain tin in the base alloy. study some more.

masonwebb said:
Steve1104 said:

They melt the pins into blobs and some even gold plate the blob to make it look as if the gold content is higher than it actually is. This is just another way people are screwing over the buyers on ebay, the people making the blobs are the biggest crooks selling on ebay, even moreso than those selling the Shor system IMO. Dont buy them, save your money and concentrate on reading here, from time to time you will see someone post scrap for sale here on the board and you know exactly what you are getting when you make the purchase. You are in the best place available to learn this trade, take full advantage of it. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back