Howdy From Laredo, TX

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hello to all. I live in a modest sized town of around 250,000 here along the Mexican border. The sister city just across the border is around 500,000 - it is almost like one big city. Anyways, I would like to start my own little gold refining operation. I want to be able to buy the scrap locally, then refine it myself and then sell it. Although, I am not quite certain how hard or easy it is to sell the pure gold and who I should sell to? I think that gold will go even higher in the next few years, so maybe I will hold on to it as much as I can afford to.

I came her to hopefully find some help with my venture. I have been looking at different refining kits and I wonder if you guys can guide me in the right direction. I am looking at an ishore system, is this any good? Can you recommend another? They also offer a DVD, which will guide me through the process. Will this be enough, or should I seek other methods of learning the refining technique?

Also, what is the best way to buy the scrap gold? Newspaper ads, billboards? Is it worth it to find old computer parts or visit dentists?

I own a financial business and am thinking about placing an add and having the sellers of the scrap come here, where I would buy it from them. Later take it home and set up a work shop in the guest house we have, where I could refine it.

What do you think of my little plan here?

I would really appreciate ANY answers to the questions I have.

If anyone has any advice or guideance I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks,

Gino

Welcome to the forum!

You will find plenty of information here.. probably anythign and everythign you could think of and if it is not here, more likely than not, someone can answer your questions.

As for the shore system, read through the forum and I think you will realize you can save yourself a lot of money if you do not buy it and use the processes talked about here.

As for getting the scrap- any means possible will work :p
I use craigs list sometimes to get electronic/computer scrap. I know a lot of people here put ads up there and around their towns.

I've seen the shor video. It leaves many, many questions unanswered, especially if you will be working with e-scrap. I think you could get the job done between Hoke's book and the Forum's panel of experts.

I'll bet you could find some cheap help down in your neck of the woods! ICE chased most of the cheap labor out of my neighborhood.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back