Hows this look?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Mackin

Ive have sheets Of carbon/platinum matrix from a fuell cell Ive been trying to process with limited resources.. so i came up with this idea...

Bubble air through household ammonia and have it enter the reaction vessel. Inside the reaction vessel have two pieces of platinum/carbon matrix to spend it next to each other hooked up as an anode and cathode to a neon sign transformer...

At the bottom I added distilled water and hydrochloric acid.

In addition to making Make nitrogen dioxide from the arc/atmosphere, its breaking down the sheets and releasing the nano platinum, which falls down into the acid. Also I've heard that ammonia has a catalytic reduction with platinum at a certain high temperatures that creates more nitric acid/ nitrogen dioxide..

The resulting process is that make nitrogen dioxide mix with the distilled water and hydrochloric acid at the bottom of the chamber creating aqua regia to break apart the Platinum into solution

Any thoughts ideas?

Attachments

• 17201823174073602504910252317838.jpg
    17201823174073602504910252317838.jpg
    827.9 KB · Views: 0
Ive have sheets Of carbon/platinum matrix from a fuell cell Ive been trying to process with limited resources.. so i came up with this idea...

Bubble air through household ammonia and have it enter the reaction vessel. Inside the reaction vessel have two pieces of platinum/carbon matrix to spend it next to each other hooked up as an anode and cathode to a neon sign transformer...

At the bottom I added distilled water and hydrochloric acid.

In addition to making Make nitrogen dioxide from the arc/atmosphere, its breaking down the sheets and releasing the nano platinum, which falls down into the acid. Also I've heard that ammonia has a catalytic reduction with platinum at a certain high temperatures that creates more nitric acid/ nitrogen dioxide..

The resulting process is that make nitrogen dioxide mix with the distilled water and hydrochloric acid at the bottom of the chamber creating aqua regia to break apart the Platinum into solution

Any thoughts ideas?
How did you come up with this idea?
Ammonia and acids tend to neutralize each other.
Are there some kind of plan and reasoning behind it?
Just curious.

How did you come up with this idea?
Ammonia and acids tend to neutralize each other.
Are there some kind of plan and reasoning behind it?
Just curious.

Yeah I was wondering if that was going to be a problem... The ammonia and the acid.
Ive seen platinum wool In A quartz tube, with ammonia vapors being fed to it via a fish pump, once the Platinum gets hot enough it starts a catalytic reaction that converts the ammonia to nitrogen dioxide...

I was going for something similar but it's probably too much for the same reaction vessel to handle because of the all the acid...

Maybe if I had some sort of chamber that created the nitrogen dioxide via Platinum wool catalysis before it entered the chamber with the acids it would work better...

How to come up with it? Reading various things from places like this and other parts of the internet.

Latest posts

Back