HP backplane yield & process?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
charlie2 said:
AR, denox then so2 precipitate, then :G

cheers :D

To the original missed point in my first comment. I prefer a "washing" cycle between the "precipitate and that :G "

More the way I would do it from that standpoint:

AR, denox, precipitate, wash then :G

I just hate to skip a step, and find out I have to do it all over again due to some small contaminant that could have been easily dealt with by a good washing. :D

Dr.xyz said:
Don't take advice from anyone who just joined the forum and who needs help with simple things.

If you have no experience, backplanes are not the material you want to start your long journey with.

Dr xyz , i 've done that stuff for more than ten years now and result differ just a little for the gold recoverd after process for AR process (meaning putting the circuit board directly into AR )or using other chemical process,,

ahahaha, gfu DR naz :lol:

butcher said:
charlie2,
Refining gold and the recovery of gold are two different processes.

Aqua regia is a good choice for refining gold but is a very poor choice for recovering gold.

i agree with you but what's the final point of all of this? it's to recover maximum amount gold from multiple types of materials ,and no leakage, :lol:

chemical process is just a passage to the final point ,

for me you can take few hours as well as many weeks to recover good amount of gold ,

and if you ask " what type of process should you use to process and recover the gold this one or this other one material , it's good to back to school "

the main question is for me how to proceed , to recover as much gold as possible ?

the answer for me is AR,denox and precipitate to be quick and effective ,

but you can be slow and effective ,and you can be quick but stupid, and the summum, you can be slow and stupid,

go straight to the the point.

If you're talking about putting the gold that you've peeled off into AR then that's fair enough. If you're talking about putting the boards in AR then that's not going to work well for you.

anachronism said:
If you're talking about putting the gold that you've peeled off into AR then that's fair enough. If you're talking about putting the boards in AR then that's not going to work well for you.

that's what i did for years , and result was always correct according to the calculated amount of gold on the boards and the gold finally recovered ,assuming a very small amount of leak , the result is correct ,
tell me what's wrong in that?

should i double the amount of gold in the boards? :lol: :lol: :lol:
maybe i'm a magician,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

charlie2 said:
anachronism said:

that's what i did for years , and result was always correct according to the calculated amount of gold on the boards and the gold finally recovered ,assuming a very small amount of leak , the result is correct ,

Dunking whole boards in AR involves loads more waste and effort than components. The type of board shown has between 7 and 12 layers of copper embedded. That's a lot of unneccessary work and gallons of waste liquids.

anachronism said:
charlie2 said:
anachronism said:

Dunking whole boards in AR involves loads more waste and effort than components. The type of board shown has between 7 and 12 layers of copper embedded. That's a lot of unneccessary work and gallons of waste liquids.

"unneccessary work and gallons of waste liquids" , that 's not the problem and of course safety has always to be first like wear the mask ,put gloves etc,,,,everytime you start the process , but to take all the gold in the boards ,
but if you don't know you can use also a small amount of AR but it's just going to take time but you can do it , i did it without injury and it's not your "unneccessary work and gallons of waste liquids" which is going to make me going back in my step , i tell u ,i repeat , u can use small amount of AR but it's going to take time and u can use big amaount of AR and it's going to be quicker,

u can use also other process like AP or the AC or the flower or whatever ,,don't just talk DO IT :lol: :lol: :lol:

lots of stuff you have to experienced guys

anachronism said:
charlie2 said:

Yeah I've got a small amount of experience with this stuff.

good , continue to experiment and never stop , rules are done to be learnt then applied then forget then learn again, be the gold with you :wink: :wink:

anachronism said:
charlie2 said:

Yeah I've got a small amount of experience with this stuff.

Hehe Jon, Spot on :D :lol: :oops:

Charlie2 you would do good by following Jons advice, do a search on Jons posts,
he knows what he is talking about, but as he has said more than once, even he has new tricks to learn.

Back