I fell for eBay fraud. Some input please?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't mean to discourage, but yup thats what I do now. I really have no problem with Ebay, It's there company they own PayPal that I can't stand. They get money for nothing and still treat their customers like crap. I think Ebay would do much better if they hooked up with Google Checkout, or Microsoft. Good luck Friend.

Nick

I've been selling on ebay since June of 1998 and never had a problem with them or paypal. it's my customers who are sometimes deceitful.

When Paypal introduced online shipping and I started to use this service, it kept my customers honest. Paypal provided insurance and a tracking number.

Whenever I have to use Canada Post for a service Paypal does not provide, I log into paypal later in the day to enter the tracking number the post office issued.

Buying goods off of ebay not much different than attending a live auction, buying a used car or a previously lived in home. You either trust your own judgment or pay a service to inspect.

When spending large sums of money on ebay use a reputable escrow service. Pay the fees and quit whining about getting screwed.

If the seller refuses to accept an escrow your antenna should be twitching.

Well Gustavus,

We will have to agree to disagree. However, your comment about Canada post, I thought it didn't matter if you got a tracking number or not, as once it hits customs, they reserve the right to open all mail, and after it enters the canadian post, your tracking is worthless, as it is not honored in canada. That's what the USPS told me, I have heard many more horror stories from USPS employees with international Ebay sales.

Best of Luck to you as well,
Nick

Latest posts

Back