I need a little help from EE guys.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've looked on 20 different Google reference sites and tried Google Lens and can't really quite figure out how to read these resistor values.
is there a std name for these types?
from 1982 HP analyzer.

is there a std for left to write reading values? which end to start.
1 i tried i got black, brown, black, black, green. correct ?

thanks in advance
Tim F
santa cruz

Attachments

• 20240531_213655.jpg
    20240531_213655.jpg
    794.6 KB · Views: 0
if you have a multimeter maybe you could measure them and get some idea how to read them after that. Just realize, it's possible they aren't even resistors. They look like "dog bone" resistors, but in a 1982 piece of test equipment...??? Makes no sense. Dog bones are an antique type of resistor that probably weren't used after the 1930's. I'm going to go with axial inductors, look em up, I'm pretty sure that's what you have there.

Last edited:
if you have a multimeter maybe you could measure them and get some idea how to read them after that. Just realize, it's possible they aren't even resistors. They look like "dog bone" resistors, but in a 1982 piece of test equipment...??? Makes no sense. Dog bones are an antique type of resistor that probably weren't used after the 1930's. I'm going to go with axial inductors, look em up, I'm pretty sure that's what you have there.
thank you. I will do both !

If these are tubes, then most likely they are capacitors.
There is silver under the varnish on the outside and inside of the tube...

Thank you all for the help and replies. they measured nil resistance on the meter i checked them with. The meter had no lower resistance ranges. So I'm believing they are not resistors, but capacitors as suggested.

If they have almost no resistance, they are not caps. Caps appear like open circuit to a multimeter, with infinit resistance.
I would expect inductors then.

I've looked on 20 different Google reference sites and tried Google Lens and can't really quite figure out how to read these resistor values.
is there a std name for these types?
from 1982 HP analyzer.

is there a std for left to write reading values? which end to start.
1 i tried i got black, brown, black, black, green. correct ?

thanks in advance
Tim F
santa cruz
The items pictured are neither resistors nor capacitors. They are inductors.

Time for more coffee.

Back