I need help separating Ag and Au from my sludge.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick
Your idea of casting the slimes into new anodes and re-running these anodes in a copper cell is the commonsense approach.

Any leaching approach for the precious metals will be difficult due to the extreme copper/pm ratio.

As you have only limited amounts of the sludge the cost/benefit ratio of designing and building and operating any form of leach circuit whether for pms or copper is poor compared with casting anodes and re-refining.

I have seen trains of size reducing anodes and associated copper cells but the small refineries which used these are long gone.

Deano

Thank you very much for the advice, I have also developed the technology and equipment to process the method that I am pursuing is completely treating copper and silver with concentrated sulfuric acid. Since I evaluate the post-treatment solution to be suitable for the copper electrolysis of the plant and I will not have to waste the waste water treatment again, all will be used for electrolysis of copper because The portion contains only sulfuric acid. I am a chemical engineer (I know every carefulness is never redundant) so I also foresee the dangers of hot condensed acid so the design of the reactor system I meticulously ensured maximum safety. There are about 15 days left until I run the test, the results then I will share with you. After testing I will thoroughly re-evaluate the method's effectiveness and may opt for anode recast if my current method is not very effective. It is still an industrial-scale research and testing process, so I am very pleased and appreciated for all your professional help. The workload is so big that I have less to follow the forums lately, if you have any, please leave an answer I will follow when I have free time and I always value everything. for your kind help on the forum.

Latest posts

Back