i think this is a hoax... Help please!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyrobooze

Hello, I am new to this forum, so first off let me say thanks to the goodwill of this forum, its content, and its members dedicated to helping others.

Okay, so I have dedicated the last two months of my life attempting to remove GP through aqua regia process and finish by melting my AR biproduct with an oxy\ace torch in order to aquire pure gold. Unfortunately, I have never been able to successfully turn my "pure gold dust" into a metallic gold. My most recent attempts is outlined as followed: I always do step
1. Make nitric acid (pool store HCL, stump remover nitrate, copper L
2. Use 3/1 hcl/nitric mixture to make aqua regia and allow jewelery to be eatten up over night, periodically adding a few Ml of HCL and stirring the AR.
3. Filter all undisolved jewelery from the AR solution and place them in my recycle jar.
4. I started with Urea, but the fert I used had 2 other substances which were not disolving, so I switched to baking soda in order to neutralize the nitric.
- does fert containing the time released blue urea and the tiny rocks affect the solution?
- does baking soda have negative affect on the solution, and how do i remove exccess soda?
5. add SMB equivilant to the weight of the jewelery used (32gm in this case but i've tried using just the expected yield weight as well) stir excessively for about 15 minutes and allow to subtle in cool temp.
- I understand to much SMB starts to pull copper out of the AR
- Home made Stannous Chloride has never successfully shown purple, or any other color (maybe a minor hint of purple initially)
!! I am confused at this point. !! steps 4&5

SOME people say that if the solution turns into a light coffee color then I have ruined my solution, because I have attempted to neutrilize the acid to quickly thuse causing something to pH to riseto high to quickly. I have attempted this step with several methods and eventually end up with a coffeelike light tan solution which will eventually subtle at the bottom of the remaining clear liquid.

5. Pour off the liquid, and usea buchner funnel to quickly filter the dust. I filter water through the funnel twice, and once with ammonia, and finally distilled water.
6. place the sludge on a hotplate and allow to dry
7. I wet my crucible by melting some boric acid and then place the dust and sprinkle a little more boric acid ontop then I use a propane burner/torch to gently get the boric to melt over the dirt so when I use my oxy/ace torch I dont blow my dust away.
8. Burn until melted to "liquid" periodically sprinkling a little bit more boric.
- All I have ever ended up with is glass, either green, light blue, dark black, even dark red one time

So after wasting two months of my life I have finally munstered the courage to ask for help. I have attached a few photos of various dirts created through my process of refining. Please help me understand where I am going wrong , thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20130325_040937.jpg
    IMG_20130325_040937.jpg
    406.7 KB
  • IMG_20130325_040418.jpg
    IMG_20130325_040418.jpg
    531.4 KB
  • IMG_20130314_014413.jpg
    IMG_20130314_014413.jpg
    437 KB
Please don't double post, it's irritating and un-needed. Only one post is needed, I assure you that someone will read it and help you. The first suggestion I would have for you is as follows. First, put everything away read the Guided Tour found http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6873#6873; download a copy of C.M. Hoke's book found http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=17706#p179081. Search and read the forum, before you dissolve or melt anything. The stuff you have processed (or attempted to process) won't be lost unless you toss it out. I've been a member here since the forum started (basically) and I still haven't done anything with the materials that I have.

Welcome to the forum...the people here are good...we are all like a big family. But we don't give handouts without someone doing their due diligence by reading and searching and then reading again. Start small then work from there.

Rusty

pyrobooze,

Rusty has given you very good advice, I do see a few things wrong with your procedure, but that will not help you at this point, what you need most is a few more months of study, there are many principles which are very important to learn, and understand, without learning them you will have nothing but troubles, Rusty's advice will help to put you on the right track to learning these principles, in the mean time you can collect more valuable material while studying, also you will learn many more ways of finding that material, and how to process it.

Welcome to the forum, you can relax, you have found the answer's to your questions (when you found this forum), now all you have to do is sit back with a good drink and start reading all of the answers, doing so you will find thousands of answer to questions you have not even dreamed of yet.

P.S. pyro and booze and precious metals do not mix.

pyrobooze said:
So after wasting two months of my life I have finally munstered the courage to ask for help. I have attached a few photos of various dirts created through my process of refining. Please help me understand where I am going wrong , thanks in advance.

Pretty much everywhere. No one will even attempt or have courage to correct you at this stage of your knowledge.

Now "munster" the courage to read!

Only after you read through this forum and Hoke book - come back to this thread and start commenting on all of your points.

When your comments start to make sense and you still need help, you will get replies.

Latest posts

Back