i want good method

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kokowawa

i want to extract metals from motherboard and vga cards becouse i have 10 ton can any body help me about the good method and what kind of metals i can extract from it

I have been looking around the forum and most all of the answers seem to be here, you just need to read them.

Ten tons of PC board is an impressive amount. I'll bow out of this and let someone with more experience in large quantities help you.

With that much material, assuming the material is of adequate value, you could consider taking it to a large refiner with proper professional (albeit, expensive) representation. To me, processing it in acids is a definite losing proposition.

Is this a one-time deal or will you continue to get those quantities on an ongoing basis? If it is ongoing, you might consider setting up for legal incineration (or, pyrolysis), ball milling, screening, melting, sampling, and assaying. Although costly to set up, that's the simple, fast, and profitable way to do it, assuming that you have enough volume and that the material is of high enough quality.

If the quality isn't high enough to do either of the above, sell it to a scrap buyer.

A proper decision is based on quality and volume.

Where are you located?

Selling this may be the best route. It would be very expensive to set up properly at this scale.

I suppose you could pull the main CPU and cut the fingers and process those yourself. Even that would be a big job.

qst42know said:
Selling this may be the best route. It would be very expensive to set up properly at this scale.

I suppose you could pull the main CPU and cut the fingers and process those yourself. Even that would be a big job.
You're right. Highgrading and selling what is left over is another possibility but it all depends on the material.

You really need to start reading the forum.Its all here you just
have to read it.Its all been explained far too many times already.
You have plenty of material to refine,so surely you can invest some
time to read and learn.

Jim

Kokowawa:

Gold is present just in microprocessors,pins and fingers,so the first thing you have to do is to separate golden parts from your 10 tons you say you have.I am sure that all golden stuff will reduce to some kilos.

The processes for recovering the gold are posted here.Forget to process all the material in AR (or any other acid)..you will lose your money,you have to separate the golden parts and it could be a hard task.

Kindest regards.

Manuel

kokowawa , first you need patients, there is a lot to learn, and we will help, sorry but we cannot just give it to you, it is not that easy, there can be so much to it to put into simple one page instructions, but it has all been given to you in the information on this forum, after reading for awhile and you have specific question you will get help, do you have Hokes book? it will also be a must read.

Latest posts

Back