i want to make a test solution with known values

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldpete

hi everybody .
i want to make a solution with known values so i can make sure my stannous test solution works.
i have attatched a pic of a parrot clasp which is 9ct.

how do i prepare it ?
do i soak it in nitric for a couple of days to remove what ever the gold is mixed with ,then thoroughly boil it in hot water a couple of times before adding it to 10mls of hcl and a couple of drops of bleach . or does someone have a better idea ?.

this is the only piece of known gold i have so i want to make sure i do this right.

please give me full details of what to do to get it to the point where i can test it with stannous

Attachments

• gold clasp.jpg
    gold clasp.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
The only thing you need to do is to get few pieces of fingers, use AP, collect foils, wash them and dissolve in HCL/Cl or AR - that will be fastest way to get standard solution.
Do not use karat gold - you will learn later how to process that when you learn basic procedures first.

patnor1011 said:
The only thing you need to do is to get few pieces of fingers, use AP, collect foils, wash them and dissolve in HCL/Cl or AR - that will be fastest way to get standard solution.
Do not use karat gold - you will learn later how to process that when you learn basic procedures first.
ok thankyou

Latest posts

Back