Ic

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amt

Hello

Can somebody tell me if those ic contain gold?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB
Very little to none. What you get is what you see, probably some in the solder too. Keep the capacitors as they might contain ≤5% silver and ≤3% palladium.

Marco

Those are flip-chips. It depends on the legs or pins. If the pins are not gold plated, they are trash.

Unless they have gold plated pins, the tiny bit of gold you see on the surface cost more in acid than the return you get back in gold.

You could always cut off the visible gold, take the rest of the chip, then incinerate, crush, dissolve and test with stannous. Or pan it out after crushing "including the glass die"

The only possibility I could see of "hidden" gold in these, while ripping a couple apart with pliers/razor, would be in the hard plastic that is along the sides of the glass die itself. All that I see between the fiber layers and under the green mask is copper.

I believe there's a thread where someone actually tested these "incinerate etc".

Latest posts

Back