IDE connectors and pins of that nature.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Code

Here is a picture of my question. These are the pins that would connect an IDE cable to a motherboard, or another card.

I have searched the fourm for as many topics as I can think of - "pins", "motherboard pins", "IDE pins", quotes and without. I can't seem to find anything saying how to approach them.

My gold finger removal was successful. I have a collection of flat packs that I will need to wait to go camping before I can further refine. (I'll roast the hot dogs first then them) I have read http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6873, as well as downloaded the Hoke PDF and am reading that.

They seem heavy. The penny in the picture came in at 3.1g, the pins in the picture came in at 4.1g. Being a full copper penny - 3.1g seemed reasonable (when I looked up the weight of a copper penny, it should weigh 3.11g). My scale is old, and only accurate to 1/10th gram. I'll have to get a newer, more accurate one.

I can make the stannous test, I'm not sure how to make the test for solid gold and equate that to kt, or percentages.

These pins are removed from boards in the 1996 and prior era. They have been in my grage since then, and are still nice and shiny.

Should I give them a HCL bath, then refine. HCL+H202, HCL+bleach right away and precipitate, reverse electroplating, another method?

Any help would beappreciated . Even if it is only the proper search term!

Thanks again!

Attachments

• G2 003.JPG
    G2 003.JPG
    1 MB
You need lbs of pins to start processing. You will not even be able to see the little bit of gold on that amount of pins. You do realize they are only lightly gold plated right?

Jim

Latest posts

Back