if au bb stops dissolving is au ready to drop (hcl/bleach)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steyr223

Hello everyone I hope everyone's fine
I have been doing a process of nitric acid on pins
When I go to the hCL bleach process I noticed when I add the.
hcl it puts 90 percent of the Gold
In to solution and I only need 1 or 2 drops of bleach

Does this mean no more free nitric?
Then I add a gold BB witch doesnt dissolve very much
how long before I can drop the gold
Thanks steyr223

A little clarification is needed
I'm trying to figure out a way to drop my gold without letting it sit for 24 hours
if the gold BB that I added to my HCl bleach mix
Stops dissolving does that mean there is no more bleach and I am ready to drop the gold,
Or is there at the reasons for letting it sit for 24 hours
I have been having much difficulty dropping my AU solution due to stupidity ,rushing things to quick
It would go perfectly clear and stay that way
I have a lot of evaporation to do :lol:
thanks steyr223 rob

Chlorine is a gas it is what oxidizes the gold, this gas can be in solution, heat can drive the gas out of solution, time sitting in the warm sunshine the chlorine can also leave the solution as gas, the gas will not leave cold solutions as easily, gold can react with the chlorine to help remove it from solution, if the gold is finely divided powders the reaction would be faster than if solid gold was added which could take a long time, here again heat or cold of the solution can play a big factor on how long the reaction would take.

I guess to try and give you some kind of answer I would say to heat your solution and drive the chlorine gas out of solution.

Now you used nitric acid on the pins, (I assume no nitric was added to the HCl/NaClO solution), but there is a possibility nitrate salts formed and are carried into the HCl/Bleach solution, the small amount of nitric acid formed in this solution from adding acid to the nitrate salt to the acid, should have been used up by the reaction of dissolving the gold.

You normally do not want to add nitric solutions to a solution of HCl and bleach, as there is so much water involved it would be hard to remove nitric through the normal evaporation method, which cannot hardly be done from this solution without forming large amount of salts, (in this case a small amount from the previous treatment should do no harm, as the reaction with gold should use it up, my guess is after the chlorine gas has finished reacting with the gold, then the nitric acid would be consumed in the reaction with the gold oxidization process).

Latest posts

Back