I'm an idiot

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattNew6789

Hello everyone I'm fairly new on here and I tried the aqua regia method for my gold plated pins and computer board parts but all I have now is a dark green solution. I have smb and also jsp but have not gotten any gold to drop or even fizz as some posts on here describe the reaction. I used nitric and hci for the aqua Regia but is there another step I'm missing or some chemicals. Any help would be great thanks everyone.

Welcome to the forum

Well, a mess it is maybe...
Before we can assist you in any way you will have to
give us more detailed information on how you did it.
How did you make the AR, what was left of
the pins, boards and so on.
It is already clear that you have "lost" some gold that has cemented on the copper traces in the boards.
It is still there but out of reach.
You should "never" dissolve gold if you can not dissolve all base matals too.
The best would be to to dissolve the base metals, separate the gold foils and then dissolve the gold.
Start with this information and then it will be easier
to help you.

What do you mean with jsp?

What does a stannous test show?

If you don't know what I'm talking about it's time to do some research until you know.

Göran

Matt, green means copper. Without getting rid of the copper, you'll have a hard time dropping Gold. If you tryed using Aqua Regia on mixed components, you have, like Yggdrasil says, a mess. Nickel, copper, steel, tin, zinc, silver maybe, Arsenic, Lead...getting the idea?

Latest posts

Back